CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Zero Preload Shocks for the DS 650

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 08:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zero Preload Shocks for the DS 650

well this sounds cool and promising, you guys running zero preload and liking it, and now TCS recommending it to ERBE in spite of what they told me, maybe I need to check out the other sources too, cause I'd love to have it if works like it should and not have me bottoming out on every g-out that st. a's so commonly has, they are positively asshammering and arm lunging.

Old 11-04-2007, 11:06 AM
Trailblazer

ERBEDS650: I was like you, looking for +2 a-arms and was told by EPIC, ALBA, LONESTAR and ARMADILLO that +2 a-arms for the ds650 do not exist due to the fact that these bikes already come wide from factory. So I bought some EPIC +1+1 a-arms with the quad rate ELITE ELKA long travel shocks.

Old 11-04-2007, 11:14 AM
Pro Rider

there are loads of them on Flea Bay now ASR and some other group, prices are really fair, I figured with a wider footprint and the 4" swinger and stay with 9 to 10 inch rims in the rear and 7 to 8 in front the DS will floa better and get more traction on the dunes, may not handle better being so wide and longer but by useing directional tires front and rear should help with that, then with a zero preload system for the shocks my quad wont be sitting so high when trail dunning, im still gping to PEP this week, I have some LT500 shocks being re done, to get costing on the ZPS for both quads

Old 11-04-2007, 11:25 AM
Trailblazer

yeah there are loads of them but do they come with heim heim joints? I prefer heim joints because of I beat up my bike in the trails and desert. If you do end up with some +2 a-arms, please let me know how you like them.

Old 11-04-2007, 11:33 AM
Pro Rider
Old 11-04-2007, 08:43 PM
Pro Rider

I would try to get Todd directly before you make a decision on the zero preload, both him and Joe at atvsuspensiontech.com told me the same thing they told Hightower. Not recommended for the DS at ALL! Maybe they have found a way to make them work well?

On a different note I got triple rate fronts w/ res and my rear shock rebuilt... I was just at Little Sahara in Oklahoma and they have a trail along the entrance road that is about 400 yards or so all whoops. I hit this in 4th gear wide open!!! I weight 330 pounds and I wouldn't have dreamed of hitting them topped in 2nd gear before. I am happy with my TCS's.

Old 11-05-2007, 02:57 AM
Trailblazer

ERBEDS650:

I would just get a good brand of a-arms. If those a-arms on ebay were proven to work, they would be as famous as EPIC or Lonestar or Laeger or Houser. Its up to you, you get what you pay for.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:31 AM
Pro Rider
I'm a Plumbing contractor and I have some old friends that always called me Pipelayer for some reason?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: drbalazo

ERBEDS650: I was like you, looking for +2 a-arms and was told by EPIC, ALBA, LONESTAR and ARMADILLO that +2 a-arms for the ds650 do not exist due to the fact that these bikes already come wide from factory. So I bought some EPIC +1+1 a-arms with the quad rate ELITE ELKA long travel shocks.</end quote></div>

I have the same arms and shock as you with a +4 in the rear the swinger I have lets me set the rear lower than others I have seen that helps set the front lower in return.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:51 AM
Trailblazer

pipelayer:

how do you like your set up? I am going to get a +1 swing arm because of what I need my quad for but I am intrigued on how you like your +4?

Old 11-05-2007, 05:43 PM
Pro Rider
I'm a Plumbing contractor and I have some old friends that always called me Pipelayer for some reason?

I love it. I have bin running the stocker for ever and Mario talked me into the +4 from his bike and its great it has a lower shock mount location then others I have seen so it lowers my bike and the turning is as good as the stocker at slow speeds and better on fast dune rides I think its the best of both worlds. I wish I did it a long time ageo[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Zero Preload Shocks for the DS 650