CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

ds90x

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 06:45 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ds90x

Look under the front right fender. You should see the cdi box. The grey wire is very obvious and easily disconnects. It's not easy to get to unless you have small hands.

Old 01-02-2008, 09:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default ds90x

Thanks Homie i disconnected it on the gray wire on my 08 ds 70 gave it some more speed now just to change the throttle cable over fron 70 to 90 and its on!!!!!!

Old 01-09-2008, 12:01 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default ds90x

I was wondering if anyone knows how much dif. it made when you remove the grey wire. And if anyone knows if there is anymore restrictors that can be removed. Im very interested in the bike (DS90X)... And how fast does the bike go when you removed it.. thanks.

Old 01-09-2008, 03:27 AM
CTR
Weekend Warrior
Default ds90x

Bought one for Christmas for 8 year old daughter after she blew up her highly modified Eton 50 on Thanksgiving weekend. Rebuilt Eton for 5 year old little sister and Eton ran circles around DS90x as did every other stock 90 in our camp. After long ride daughter tried to start DS and motor wouldn't start. Made real bad clanking sound like starter gear not engaging-at least thats what I was hoping it was(wishful thinking). After finding a small amount of oil leaking from head, real low oil level and burnt oil smell inside motor I added 3/4 quart oil and finally got reading on dipstick. Started bike and loud clanking noise was gone. Motor got fried and now noise is gone. Will they warranty bike because the tech didn't add enough oil and the dipstick is barely readable. Other owners check to see if dipstick is readable. Even with burn't oil in motor all I see is clean looking oil on stick not burnt black oil. Bought bike in Vegas as someone else already posted. As slow as this bike is they take keep this piece of junk.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:48 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default ds90x

I was wondering if you removed that grey wire everyone has been talking about. I also was informed that there is a restrictor in the muffler. I have not purchesed one of these bikes yet but i really need it to compete with the other 90's out there. I also do a lot of dune riding and if i can't get him to go through the sand and a decent rate of speed and power my boy will be very disapointed. any info on this bike would help... thanks

Old 01-09-2008, 12:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default ds90x

they wont warrnty it if you signed the release paper. when i went to chapparal they made me sign a paper stating that they checked everything before i took it off the lot but then again i didnt see them do anything so i would fight it if you didnt actually see them check your oil....

Old 01-09-2008, 11:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default ds90x

we rode this weekend, I also smelt oil burnning, I saw that clear vent hose on the head was melted in half. I had to cut it, reinstall and it happened two more times I keep cutting it till I could go auto parts store and get real hose. I also removed it from air box and put case vent filter on other end and ran it up under seat. I didn't loose any oil to not touch dip stick, but I sure could smell oil burnning till I put on that vent hose. More costly upgrades, keep posting we'll get this thing figured out??????

Old 01-10-2008, 01:38 AM
CTR
Weekend Warrior
Default ds90x

Bike wouldn't go through sand at all. Had to stay on the flats. She was not happy since her Eton 50 climbs pretty well without any paddles. Rear tires seem a bit large and bulky for the sand and they just dug in. Bike just really seems underpowered. Once I figure out why oil is burning up and metal shavings are in screen on oil drain plug we need to get more power out of these bikes. Emailed Big gun, FMF, and Pro Circuit about pipe for these bikes. Offered to bring my bike to them to use for building pipe. Big Gun responded that plans are in the works for pipe.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:41 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default ds90x

Yeah i took a look at mine last night it's got oil leaking from the head so im taking mine back today i cant take no chances with my kids bike blowing up on him it kinda looks like the head needs to be tightend down...

Old 01-10-2008, 10:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default ds90x

After I posted last night I went on hetick racing page they have pipe,clutch,big bore kits coming soon. I also took my clutch cover off sunday night it looked exackly like polaris 90 Im sure they'll have hopup parts soon.

Quick Reply: ds90x