CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

BigDaddy331 - I'm still around - sort of!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BigDaddy331 - I'm still around - sort of!

This is the first day I've had to look at the pages in a LONG, LONG time. Glad to hear that Mario did well.
Mario is right when he says that I've been so busy. It's been a very crazy four months or so. My Son plays on a basketball team that is currently ranked 10th in the Nation. He's in basketball with that team 5 days a week and I assistant coach that team. My Daughter plays for her middle school team 5 days a week as well, and is extremely accomplished in the flute. Her 1st chair status and her invitational performances are crazy as well. Me...? well I also coach a High School girls varsity team and that is 6 days a week!!!! Oh, and I forgot, I moved my mother-in-law in!!!!!!! yea, yea, I know.
I've got my garage down to one quad (that's not mine) that I'm trying to get done and thats IT! I got my sand car and that has been one heck of a story in and of itself. Finally have one in my garage and Mario is right in that I'm trying to get out of the quad thing. The car, rhino and son's 400ex are the only toys in my stable. No plans to build anything else. I have to say that I'm very sorry for not staying involved with my DS family, but trust me when I say that it's not because I don't want to. If you don't think I feel bad every time Mario asked for help and I couldn't give him what he needed... you are wrong! I feel very bad, but I can't work on my stuff let alone his. The quads that I'm finishing off are a part of a trade that I made about 4 - 5 months ago. A buddy re-roofed my patio and I'm fixing his quads. SUCKS cause one of the quads is a Cannondale - what a piece of crap!
My plan is to definitely go out and support the crew, but I haven't had any chance to do that. I think during this last race I was in Reno with the basketball team.
I'll have to get the black bus over to the house and get mario's cams in. I just don't even have a lift right now... the car is covering it. As far as the BoonDocker system goes... it works, but you have to know what you are doing... The only way I learned was to go out and figure it out. I do realize though that Mario doesn't get that chance, because he's not riding nor does he dune. It's kind of hard to work the system when you are dragging all the time. The Black Bus is a purpose-built bike that requires a certain expertise. As Mario is extremely proficient in setting up the bike, other things on the bike need just that type of attention. The NO2 system is no different. The cams that he's got going in should put that bike in first place without the nitrous... we just have to get them in. Really haven't been trying to ignore you Mario, but you of ALL PEOPLE know how busy I am. I've helped so many people over the last four years, that at some point I had to commit to my family and my personal needs. Just had to... The wife was pretty much done with the quads and the racing thing.
I hope to remedy that this weekend.
As for the rest of you, please take care and hold the ones you love close to your heart. That's what this is all about....
Vic, take care and we'll see ya all around the dunes. By the way, I plan on going to Glamis for New Years... anyone going?

PS. Mario, I called you about a week ago but the number I have is out so I left a message on the house phone... I think it was yours. Give me a call.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider
I'm a Plumbing contractor and I have some old friends that always called me Pipelayer for some reason?

What about the sand car Mike ?

Old 12-11-2007, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider

Sand car is sweet! Its a Big5 Funco with custom paint and every goody you could imagine. BRAND NEW MOTOR (I was there on the start up before I took delivery) and it's never been run other than down the street - where I got stopped by the cops!). Triple by-passes in the back, power steering... you name it, it's got it. If I could figure out how to post a pic, I would. I have no idea how to do it though. I need to get a photo bucket or something similar. I think that I can down-size the pics and put them on my forum pic page... I think. Not really sure how to do that though.

Thanks for asking Pipe, but I can't begin to tell you about everything this car has. You wouldn't believe what I got it for.... sick, simply sick.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:09 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Good to see you back around Mike. Sounds like you've been very busy and since it's with the kids no one can fault you for that. You're always welcome anytime a group of the old DS's get together.
I had something for you but I'm not even going to entertain it now, would you recommend Preacher for a good duner build??? Let a Brotha know. We'll see you out in the sand big guy.

Old 12-11-2007, 10:05 PM
Elite Pro Rider

It is great to see ya Mike. You have always helped us when needed and we appreciate it. Glad to hear about the Rail. Congrats hope to see it one day.

I also understand about keeping the ones you love close going through stuff with my dad and it has been real hard on us.

Hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Thanks again for everything.

And congrats for all the kids stuff too. Sounds like a very busy time for you.

Tracy ( and I am sure Seth would agree too.)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-12-2007, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the kind wishes you guys and girls. I'm sure I'll see ya'll around.

Vic, I don't know the Preacher, but from what Mario says, he's first rate. You don't need to be DS only mechanic, just a good mechanic with attention to detail. I'm sure that the Preacher more than knows his stuff. And yes, I really don't have much time for anything Vic. If I did, to be honest, it would go to Mario first and foremost. Then everything else would have to fall in line. Mario has gone out of his way and would go out of his way for anyone. Not to mention that all I do is laugh when I'm around him. Let's see where I'm at this off-season if you are still looking for something. High School basketball should be done by Feb some time. Good grief, it's a LOT!

Old 12-13-2007, 01:56 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Mike any chance you straddle on a DS in the future. I was thinking of heading to Dumont again with my buddy Jack again and possibly a future Mrs Entomber. Your crew were a bunch of cool guys I'd like to return and see some familiar faces. Sounds like your hands are beyond full. Good to see ya post here again. Maybe this time I can send my DS out there instead of renting a crappy underpowered 400 EX.

Old 12-13-2007, 06:44 PM
Pro Rider

I can probably be at the Dunes for a ride, but it won't be on a DS or any other quad for that matter. It would be on/in my sand car or rhino. It would be good to see ya again. Let me know if and when.

take care.

Old 12-13-2007, 11:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Congrads on the rail. Holy CHIT A conversion and a rail in just a few months.... sounds like youve been busy. Be safe in that thing, you have to get used to a rail just like any other new toy.

Old 12-14-2007, 02:22 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Man, this is weird. Anni and BigMike. First time I met you two you were side by side wrenching away on the Sandbomber. Helluva a weekend we all had there. Then every time after that that I saw one, the other was always close by. Kinda like cheese and crackers, Scotch and rocks, Mutt and Jeff, cheeseburger and fries... Gonna miss that team but I'm sure we'll all stay in touch and meet up at The D from time to time.
See ya'll there.

Quick Reply: BigDaddy331 - I'm still around - sort of!