CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Renegade +2 A-Arms

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Renegade +2 A-Arms

I want these. Epic Racing has made them for the factory Baja Renegades. I don't know if they had +2 axles to go with them or canned the front wheel drive altogether. I am using 1&1/2 inch wheel spacers now, all around, and will not give them up. The improvement in handling is amazing. I had three DS-650s before the Renegade. The wheel spacers make the rear end behave like a DS. Now I want the front end to behave like a DS. Wheel spacers in the front offset the spindle, which is a real handlebar twister when a front wheel hits a rock. OUCH !
I love having independent suspension, 4WD, low range, fuel injection, REVERSE, etc. Simple, I want it all.
WHO HAS THEM? WHERE CAN I GET SOME? I WANT THEM NOW! sorry for yelling....
HEy A-Arm manufacurers. Look at all the RZR and RHINO A-Arms that are being sold. Renegade owners would line up for +2 A-Arms!

Old 03-04-2008, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider

How about You? If you have a Renegade, would you like to have +2 A-Arms?
I think the "X" version of both the Renegade and the DS-450 should come wide from the factory.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:37 AM
Pro Rider

The Epic Baja bike had the front diff internal assembly removed as well as the front axles. +2 on that bike would be sick if you could keep the 4x4.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:34 PM
Pro Rider

Wheel spacers are a quick and dirty solution. Hanging on to the handlebars when you hit a rock is the problem. Centering the spindle will require +2 A-arms and +2 axles. It won't be cheap.

Old 03-06-2008, 01:26 PM
Range Rover

Have modified your frame at all? There have been a <u>few</u> frames get tweaked by catching rocks and trees with one of the front corners.

Old 03-06-2008, 02:24 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 08Renegade500

Have modified your frame at all? There have been a <u>few</u> frames get tweaked by catching rocks and trees with one of the front corners.</end quote></div>

Uhhhh.... I would imagine that hitting a tree may do serious damage to the bike (IT'S NOT A TANK), but what does this have to do with +2 A-arms?

Old 03-06-2008, 03:40 PM
Range Rover

Never suggested it was a tank! Just wondering since you had widened it. Won't bother your sarcastic ace again.

Old 03-06-2008, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider

Never suggested it was a tank! Just wondering since you had widened it. Won't bother your sarcastic ace again.</end quote></div>

Wow, so sensitive... I haven't widened anything, nor do I have a Renegade. I was simply posting an answer to one of fourlix questions (Epics's setup). I responded to your post because it seemed WAY off topic. Start a thread about bent frames if you wish to address that topic, this one was about +2 A-arms. And whats the matter with a little sarcasm, if you are into playing pinball with trees and an ATV maybe you need a tank.LOL Bother all you want, just stay on topic. Or at least ancounce that you are hijacking the thread to b!tch about frames, I mean have a little courtesy.LOL (Now that is sarcasm)

Old 03-06-2008, 05:32 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: FatHolly

Never suggested it was a tank! Just wondering since you had widened it. Won't bother your sarcastic ace again.</end quote></div>

Wow, so sensitive... I haven't widened anything, nor do I have a Renegade. I was simply posting an answer to one of fourlix questions (Epics's setup). I responded to your post because it seemed WAY off topic. Start a thread about bent frames if you wish to address that topic, this one was about +2 A-arms. And whats the matter with a little sarcasm, if you are into playing pinball with trees and an ATV maybe you need a tank.LOL Bother all you want, just stay on topic. Or at least ancounce that you are hijacking the thread to b!tch about frames, I mean have a little courtesy.LOL (Now that is sarcasm)</end quote></div>

I have a renegade, and do want to widen it, so who's off topic?? I was wondering about the frame mod in conjunction. I do not have a problem with my frame or trees. I have been looking at wheel spacers and chose this topic to see what was said about +2 arms. The extended arms didn't seem like a popular/ easy mod to do after reading the thread. Fourlix had the spacers on his already, so I was asking him (&lt;-------- KEYWORD) if he had his frame done. Seems to me it would be alot easier to catch obstacles with one that was widened 3'' if it were rode in tight trails like here in VA. On topic enough for ya?

Nothing's wrong with a lil sarcasm, just remember that everybody loves a lil a$$ - but nobody loves a smarta$$.

Old 03-06-2008, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

Play nice boys. I am surprised there has been so little thought on this subject. It seems pretty obvious to me that a quad with this kind of performance needs better handling, ie needs to be wider. The trouble with the wheel spacers up front is that when you hit an obstacle it not only jerks your handlebars, but also turns the wheel into the obstacle, compounding the impact. Just brush an obstacle, rock, tree, etc, and the wheel turns right into it.
I talked to the guys at Epic. They have a jig made up for the Renegade. They told me to call back in a month. Not sure about the axles, but Gorilla seems like a good place to start.

Quick Reply: Renegade +2 A-Arms