CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS Builders on Air Filters Systems Dynoed!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 04:48 AM
Pro Rider
Runs a 730 kit from OMW with web109's and a 48mm lectron. It has some serious torque!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS Builders on Air Filters Systems Dynoed!

Maybe it is important for those last few ponies, but i think hes doing it because the bom says the rwr intake makes less power and that other guy says it makes more.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:59 AM
Pro Rider

LOL!!! I knew this would drag Nut out to Chime in!
Jeff Saying with a clamp on he has seen a 7 HP gain on the Dyno with a clamp on, for 75 bucks of Dyno time thats cheap money to Bolt on, Dial in and print out the proof of HP gain over a 50 dollar filter.

Old 03-12-2008, 11:22 AM
Pro Rider
Started riding ATVs in 1974!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Erbe,
Jeff told me up to 7HP more in the overrev, 2 more peek to peek with a direct mount over the snorkel...

Old 03-12-2008, 04:10 PM
Elite Pro Rider

the why ? this is the kind of thing that was all over the bom site in years gone by, it was great to talk about. lots of guys talked about it. azsand was a regular with dyno tips. it was fun to do a few changes and go pick on raptors. i think its great erbe is taking the time and the money to do this it is fun to follow.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider
Started riding ATVs in 1974!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I look forward to seeing the results. I have read and re-read the pros and cons of both filter styles.

I'm trying the direct mount because I can not afford to do anything else and was only a tick or two behind some of other DSs out there and I have the filter already.

If I do not like it I have a new style snorkel ready to go back on.

If I could afford the dyno time, I would run the tests myself as I have never seen the results posted on the same build and back to back. I think this will be good to see. And to be honest 1 or 2 HP with a filter change is something good to know, or at least really know what you are giving up one way or the other.

Scott

Old 03-13-2008, 10:49 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I don't mind reading the results either but I wouldn't spend my money on it. Different porting styles will cause more or less reversion (or in other words air bouncing back when the intake valves are closed will recover from turbulence more quickly or slowely with different porting).

This means that unless we all have the same head, carb and intake manifold port and cam.......the results will still only apply to erbe's motor. They may or may not apply to mine. That means I will need to test mine as well to be sure.

All you need is a pair of Levi's and a DS650 and you can tell for yourself which setup works better for your combo. lol

Scott (TheStir) is a good friend of mine. He is trying out the direct mount. If he can feel a difference then he will know which one to use, right? If he can't tell the difference, then will it really matter which one he uses? That is all I am saying. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]