CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Preacher-the motor builder in Northern California

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Preacher-the motor builder in Northern California

Can someone please PM me his contact information? I have read nothing but good things about him, and am hoping to have him work on a motor of mine. Thanks.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider

He is so in Central CA, I have to drive 3 hours South just to get there [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

You have a PM dude

Old 03-26-2008, 08:44 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

"He is SO in Central, CA"??? What are you now some cute little valley girl?
Just messin' Brenten, I know your neither cute, nor valley, nor girl. Neck to the bone Bro, just the way you should be.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: aceisback

"He is SO in Central, CA"??? What are you now some cute little valley girl?

Just messin' Brenten, I know your neither cute, nor valley, nor girl. Neck to the bone Bro, just the way you should be.</end quote></div>

Haha, you are right. But I am looking for me one of them [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2008, 01:55 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

HE IS TOP NOTCH AND A HECK OF A GUY.......AND SACRAMENTO IS NORTH AIN'T IT.He built my 760 and its still running as far as i know and it would be about 5 years old now.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2008, 01:15 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recently had him lighten my flywheel and hubs. He's a short 40min drive from my house so it was really convenient for me. If you ever make it out to his place be sure to check out his drag motorcycle he built from hand. Truly one of a kind.

Old 03-27-2008, 01:27 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DSengineer

I recently had him lighten my flywheel and hubs. He's a short 40min drive from my house so it was really convenient for me. If you ever make it out to his place be sure to check out his drag motorcycle he built from hand. Truly one of a kind.</end quote></div>

That thing is awesome. And he did, he built every part on it from scratch. I was impressed.

Old 03-27-2008, 01:49 PM
Pro Rider
SilverBomb has got an Addiction!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DSengineer

I recently had him lighten my flywheel and hubs. He's a short 40min drive from my house so it was really convenient for me. If you ever make it out to his place be sure to check out his drag motorcycle he built from hand. Truly one of a kind.</end quote></div>

What did it run you to lighten your flywheel and hubs? Does the flywheel mod help a lot?

Old 03-27-2008, 02:11 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would recommend giving him a call on pricing. I paid around $100 for the rear hubs on my 04. He said he charges a little more for earlier years since they are a little more work to machine down. For the flywheel he only charged me $50 but he said it was the last one he was going to do for that price [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I believe he said he was going to start charging $75 for the flywheel. Still not a bad deal...

One note on the flywheel, he only removes material from the flywheel itself and not the magnet casing. I have seen lightened flywheels from Mr. HP (Eric) who charges a bit more but he also removes a good amount of material from the outer magnet casing. I asked the Preacher about the casing and he said he doesn't like to touch it since it is very thin.

Old 03-27-2008, 02:16 PM
Pro Rider

And yes, he is very particular and will only do it the way he does it. Nothing more, nothing less [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

And he really does not have any real set prices. I think they are kind of subjective on how he feels that day, and other variables...

Quick Reply: Preacher-the motor builder in Northern California