CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

i need some help please

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 11:03 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need some help please

i have had a 2000 ds that i bought new in 2000 and now for some reason the front wheels need to be aligned, so can anyone give me good, easy to follow directions so i can get this done without taking it to a stealership

thanks

Oh btw this looks like a great forum, glad to be a part of it

Old 07-13-2008, 12:00 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Toe out is 1/8 inch greater in the front of the tires than the rear. You should first lift the front end of the bike off of the ground to remove all load, then set it down gently. Make your adjustments on the tie rods, remove load again, recheck toe, then tighten everything back down once you've achieved the desired setting.
Fairly easy task for toe in/out. If alignment is definitely what you're needing then it is done the same way, just more adjustment.

Old 07-13-2008, 12:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

not 100% sure what i need, all i know is it does OK on gravel roads but on blacktop it throws you all over the road (left, right) really got to hang on to the handle bars or you will be in one on the 2 ditches on the side of the road

where do i take the measurments from?

also do i need to get the tires set at ZERO before i start making 1/8 toe out, and is toe in better than toe out?

Old 07-13-2008, 01:28 PM
Pro Rider

Take measurements form the most foreward and most rear position on the tire. I find it easiest to set to parallel first and work from there.

Old 07-13-2008, 02:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

so i should get my bars the straightest that i can and than adj. until i get it parallel

than go for the toe out

or is it toe in?

Old 07-13-2008, 03:21 PM
Pro Rider

Thats what I do. Even if your bars are off by a little it will feel funny, so take your time on that step.