CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Why do ds650's have no resale

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 02:22 PM
OMR
Pro Rider
Is Oldmanracing! Also the inventor on the DS650 carb Mod!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why do ds650's have no resale

Recreation equipment, trucks and suv's are all down.
I bought friday a used 06 Jeep Commander,26K, that listed new for $40k,
for $17,000.
The larger cc sport machines have always been the hardest hit.
You can't use the terms like, driven by older person and never went over 25mph.
People who buy the large cc machines want them for one main reason,
The threal of getting it on. The Rush. Not for snow plowing.

Old 09-02-2008, 02:27 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Vic:

I have a carb the is all cleaned out if you're needin it!!!

John

Old 09-02-2008, 04:51 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

I appreciate it John, but I have a little sumpin' that should be arriving in the mail anytime now. Going on my bike so that I can ensure that Casey NEVER beats me up the hill again! What I take off of my bike will go on the new $500 addition to the stable. Man, the economy only gets better for those of us who prepared.
While on the topic, if you have a DS that's in your way and you are on hard times then I can help a brother out. $1500 will make you a nice house payment or buy your chillins' quite a bit of groceries. I'm destitute and losin' and only a herd of DS's will help me out of my predicament. Please help out a poor soul today.

Old 09-02-2008, 05:15 PM
Trailblazer

Come awn Vic... you can tell me whats comin in the mail, it'll be just between us...

Old 09-02-2008, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider

Wow, what a humanitarian you are.

I have always enjoyed your posts and appreciated reading your input into just about any subject, but your posts in this thread are not going over well, at least in my eyes. Maybe it is because tone is often difficult to impart via a keyboard, but it seems like you are taking pleasure in other folks' difficulties and reversals of fortune. Not cool at all, and from reading hundreds of your previous posts, I would not have expected this from you. Gloating about your insulation from the current economic difficulties people might be having doesn't come across well. Do you really want to get a good deal on another bike that badly?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: aceisback

I appreciate it John, but I have a little sumpin' that should be arriving in the mail anytime now. Going on my bike so that I can ensure that Casey NEVER beats me up the hill again! What I take off of my bike will go on the new $500 addition to the stable. Man, the economy only gets better for those of us who prepared.

While on the topic, if you have a DS that's in your way and you are on hard times then I can help a brother out. $1500 will make you a nice house payment or buy your chillins' quite a bit of groceries. I'm destitute and losin' and only a herd of DS's will help me out of my predicament. Please help out a poor soul today.</end quote></div>

Old 09-02-2008, 07:01 PM
Trailblazer

I can tell you that what aceisback is saying is tongue in cheek... true, he will snap up a good deal when he spots it, wouldn't you? Nobody is forcing anyone to buy or sell anything. [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]

Maybe you should take a lesson from your screen name, eh?? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Vic: no worries, I will sell you my DS for one house payment, no problem.. one of MY house payments.. K??

Old 09-02-2008, 07:02 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Jurslax, please accept my apologies if you are offended in any way. Anyone else that may be offended for that matter. I, as well as anyone, know that sometimes personalities don't come across well over a computer screen, whether or not smileys and all such items are used. If you've followed any of my input in the many post that I've taken part in you surely know that I am light hearted, and jovial 99.9% of the time. I don't take life too seriously as I've almost lost mine in the not so distant past. I try and enjoy life to the fullest and smile at every opportunity and make others laugh along the way. Life is way too short to be pissed off or to have folks be pissed off at you. That's the way I take in every day, knowing that I have alot less days left upon the earth than the ones I've already spent.
Those on the Connection that really KNOW me can tell you that since I've joined I have had two periods of unemployment, one of six months and one of eight months, and had to give away two of my DS's during those periods. I didn't do it to buy food, clothing, shelter, or necessities, I did it to prepare for the future. Contracts pay well but they don't last forever. Some of them end overnight with no warning! I would not wish that on anyone. Losing a DS is hard to swallow. I said most of what you took issue with tongue in cheek.
I take pleasure in no ones misfortune and I am not insulated from the current down turn in the economy. I drive a diesel! And I feel the impact at the grocery store, pharmacy, home improvement center, mall, etc. just like everyone else. Hopefully we all have a better understanding of Ace now. Yes, I am always looking for the killer deal on a DS, but no, it is not at the misfortune of those suffering from this nations current situation.
This was going to be a PM, but if one person reads me wrong then others may also. I'm not a cold hearted *** waiting for the next average Joe to be foreclosed upon. I'm just ordinary average Vic waiting for the right deal at the right time.
Please forgive.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:07 PM
Trailblazer

Ah Hell Vic, I was all on your side til you came up with this "I'm not a cold hearted *** waiting for the next average Joe to be foreclosed upon. I'm just ordinary average Vic waiting for the right deal at the right time. " yuh huh!!!!

Cheers,
John

Old 09-02-2008, 07:14 PM
Pro Rider
SilverBomb has got an Addiction!

I'll back up Vic on this one for Sure! You're the Man Vic, thanks for all of the little parts and help you gave me up at DS days. You helped me roll out on to the dunes! If you find another $500 DS I might have to snag it up. Good luck to all who are going through hard times! Look up and forward and things will get better! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

Just picked up a 2007 ds650X leftover for 5100. I thought it was a fair price after knowing my friend payed 5000 in 2004 for a 2003 ds650. Any input from you guys. Do you think i payed to much

Quick Reply: Why do ds650's have no resale