CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

red hot headers/exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 09:13 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default red hot headers/exhaust question

hey guys.
it seems like every mod i put on my bomber, something else changes. i just got done pissin off the neighbors tonight and saw that my headers were glowing a little bit. is that a normal thing??? and the exhaust seems to be wayyyy hotter than it ever was...especially with my leg right next to it. ha. any ideas?? oh and theres a leak in my exhaust where the headers connect to the muffler. i wasnt givin any shims or anything to seal it. will high temp silicone work?? yet another question lol how do i take off the throttle cable??? on the side of the carb theres a little stainless piece of metal with 3 screws on it. i took that off. i noticed there was a little locking type thing on the end of the cable. will that just slide out?? i need to know how to do that so i can upgrade to a tm45!!! thanks guys. someone tell me when ur going on a riding trip!!! cuz ive never been and im gettin itchy!! i live in md, let me know!!!

Old 09-03-2008, 09:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Some pipes especialy the stainless header pipes lean conditions will make them glow too!!! my LTE's are real fire starters...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] And how big is the gap between the header and the cannister????

Old 09-03-2008, 09:48 PM
Range Rover

maybe a 1/16". lol i have no idea.i hope its supposed to be like that. one of my hoses smokes a lil sometimes cuz it gets real hot

Old 09-03-2008, 09:48 PM
Pro Rider
SilverBomb has got an Addiction!

If your headers are glowing from being lean, just wait until you get that TM45 on and get it jetted right and I would think that the problem would be fixed. And yes on the throttle cable, that end kind of twists and comes out without too much trouble. You'll figure it out if you tinker with it. Congrats on your TM, I'll be putting one on mine very soon as well!

Old 09-03-2008, 10:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Thats what i was thinking.i haven't had a alba in a few years but i do remember a 1/6th " shim i would not try any filler i would find a piece of tubing that would fill the gap cut it to length then split it and install it.spiral spliting works best with exhaust.

Old 09-03-2008, 10:35 PM
Range Rover

yeah i cant wait til i get my tm!!! hopefully this guy comes through for me lol oh and i saw a machinist and he said he couldnt shim it...he said it was too small