CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

strange happenings

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 04:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default strange happenings

have you checked the crank case hose to make sure its not getting restricted??? all of mine run up into the front cowling and back down the radiator support and do not have anything on them they do real good that way.

Old 09-21-2008, 05:41 PM
Pro Rider

I am tired of dealing with a filter and worrying about grit getting into the motor if I don't run a filter on the crankcase vent hose, so I am liking your idea here, KaylasDaddy. Where/how did you connect the crankcase vent hose back to the snorkel? I was thinking about connecting mine where, on a stock bike, the clear hose from the carb (balance tube?) connects to the snorkel from the factory. This opening is capped up when doing the OMR carb mods. My only hesitation is that if I do this, and I start getting blow by (which I don't have any of as of right now), oil would go directly into the carb. In stock configuration, I recall that the crankcase vent is routed to the intake tubes, which would make the oil go into the airbox first. I would be interested in your thoughts on this before I ditch my little filter.

also i reconnected the vent hose back to the snorkel after this build.</end quote></div>

Old 09-22-2008, 01:38 AM
Pro Rider
Has been riding one thing or another since I was 11 years old.(31 years).

i built an in line catch bottle for the excess oil and ran the breather tube into the clear line in the snorkel. i check the clear line while i am doing my preride service and check it for any residue... so far so good on this build. if a problem arises i will address it. the main reason i ran this line back into the system instead of letting it leak onto the side of my scoops was I WAS TIRED OF CLEANING THIS UP!!! i used the stainless filter for 2 1/2 years before i had any problems with blow by, and only when the load was extreame. my blow by was most likely caused from a worn out cylinder and poor seating of the rings. it may be worth it to take the cover to a machine shop & have them take a minimal cut off it to ensure it is flat. it would not take much to do. also just for kicks try the "bag" test, can't hurt.

Old 09-22-2008, 09:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

Can we see some pic's of your guys systems you have built? Mine smokes like crazy on somedays & none on others? Course that depends on how hard were riding, Weird.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:39 AM
Pro Rider
Has been riding one thing or another since I was 11 years old.(31 years).

look at my pics. the barf bottle pic is there.