CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Glamis in Janury!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider
Started riding ATVs in 1974!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Glamis in Janury!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: aceisback

Drinking is boring, duning is the shiznit. Drinking is for when there is no duning left to be done. So can we still camp with you if the partaking is kept to a minimum??? I know Ray can't function without his "Barley Pop"!</end quote></div>

Heck yeah, just throwing that out so there are no surprises and letting everyone know. We have had some friends of friends show up, then get drunk and rude. For us its all about the family, friends and duning.

That being said, none of us are bringing young kids. No wives, and I think only 1 child each so far. I'm only bringing my my oldest, and I think she will be the youngest at 14. She loves to dune as much as I do and everyone coming in our group is there to do four things. Dune, eat, sleep & dune.

Bob who was at Dumont with me last time will be there with his kid. So far we are the only 100% at this point. I'm hoping we will have three other families joining us in our trip down.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider
Started riding ATVs in 1974!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jimbo5o

I'm in for this one for sure, hopefully it's one of the weekends that I'm off on Friday. Let me know when......</end quote></div>

Can you see far enough into the future to know what Fridays you will have in Jan?

Old 09-25-2008, 11:55 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in, let me know when! I am only 3 hours from G. If the wife doesnt come, I will have room to share.

John

Old 09-25-2008, 12:25 PM
Pro Rider
SilverBomb has got an Addiction!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DSengineer

I might be in....

Not sure I want to haul the trailer all the way down, but if anybody has room for one I would be willing to pitch in some gas money and don't have a problem throwig a tent out either.

How many miles/hours is the drive from Sac?</end quote></div>

You should get get Brian and Brenten to hook up with you guys for a car pool. Both of them race, and I'm sure you could convince them to make the trek. This will be the winter DS days. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Also, we'd like to plan the trip around the 4SW races as well, so if I'm correct we'll be there from the 8th-12th.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:15 PM
Pro Rider
I'm a Plumbing contractor and I have some old friends that always called me Pipelayer for some reason?

I think I will only be able to make one trip down south and it is the second Dumont race the money isent flowing like it needs to

Old 09-25-2008, 07:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

We'll be there the 24th-30th for our annual week in Glamis.

We usually camp in the Wash area.

Mid-week is great. We have the place to ourselves! This has always been a great trip for us. There are always a couple in my little group that aren't able to make each trip but, EVERYONE makes it to Glamis!

We make a trip into town to Cela's - Best Mexican I've ever had. Hit it up twice last year in one week (in Imperial).

We also go into town to go to Ramey's Meat's for some of the best Carne Asada there is. Usually we stock up on the freezer packs for the year. AWESOME stuff.

Try to hit the flat drags at Gecko on Saturday afternoon when we arrive. If you've never seen the flat drags put it on your list as something you want to do before you die. It is one gross display of man-hood. . . I love it!

We've gone to Boardmanville mid week. I don't think it is open each day but, the upside of going mid-week is that Hottie behind the counter is all yours! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/brokenheart.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Let me know if you'll be down around the same time. Always fun to have a larger group for some of the rides.

Old 09-25-2008, 07:57 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

"Hottie" behind the counter...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 09-25-2008, 08:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: aceisback

"Hottie" behind the counter...[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]</end quote></div>

lol

Little bit of a joke between some buds and I.

Before you get your hopes up let me say. . . NOT!!!

Old 09-25-2008, 08:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Takes me 10.5-11 from Elk Grove haulin' the trailer with two-stops - Door-step to Dune.

We generally leave after work (2 to 3pm) on Friday and drive through. It's a long night of driving but, avoid all the LA traffic that way and less CHP's out at that time. . . or at least they aren't worried about a trailer going a little faster than posted and more worried about catching a drunk.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DSengineer

I might be in....

Not sure I want to haul the trailer all the way down, but if anybody has room for one I would be willing to pitch in some gas money and don't have a problem throwig a tent out either.

How many miles/hours is the drive from Sac?</end quote></div>