CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Scooby's Turbo DS on eBay

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 06:47 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 09-26-2008, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Scooby's Turbo DS on eBay

That thing is a runner for sure, lots of research in that thing. I wonder if he is done with ATVs or on to another project.

Old 09-27-2008, 12:32 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

My first trip to Glamis was the 2nd Four Stroke Wars. . . this was the first of the big ones and in my mind, this was the best one of them all.

Ohton Racing brought out their mobile dyno and set it up in the middle of camp (Wash 4). I can't remember which night it was (Probably Friday or Saturday) but, they were doing free dyno runs. The entire camp was gathered around the trailer. People were all drinking, socializing and trading stories as different bikes were put on the dyno.

Most of the 4-strokes weren't recording HP #'s that were very impressive at all. . . but, that was for the day good numbers. I remember AZ Sand got his Big Girl on the dyno and I think he posted up about 67HP. That was real impressive for the day. This was on a DS that wasn't a big-bore (at the time) and he wasn't spraying (from what I remember). Later on that evening, Scooby's bike goes up on the dyno. 119HP (if I remember right). The entire camp went wild. . . Scooby barely cracked a smile. You have to remember Scooby is an Engineer. I work with engineer's all day long and You have to understand. . . for him a smile was a big thing. I think everyone was impressed with what Scooby had put together. Other's may be cocky about what they had put together but, I never saw that out of him.

His bike nearly doubled the HP of some of the highest HP bikes of the day.

Scooby and a number of others drove from Texas if I remember right. This was truely a once in a lifetime chance to meet a number of these people. I also remember the first time we pulled up at Olds (this was my first time at the hill as well but, was used to hill shooting.) Scooby was waiting at the bottom of the hill. I think it was Jeffnrivercity that told me Scooby asked him, "what do you do when you get to the top?" We had a good laugh. . . uh. . . turn around and come back down. lol Seriously though, if you've never been to the big dunes I'm sure they can be intimidating.

Anyways, good luck to Scooby on the sale. He's built quite a bike. That bike comes with a lot of great stories.

Old 09-27-2008, 02:07 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Good story, thanks for sharing. The DS community is full of folks just like that. Put together hella builds that smoke damn near anything that will line up against them, and they never boast about it. And the majority of them when they finish wiping up the hill they head out into the dunes. Can't do that with most of the builds that do well at the hills.
There's a few Mother G trips coming up soon and the trips to The D start this Friday. Looks like about a dozen or so DS's in attendance this coming weekend. We'll meet up with some some of you guys I'm sure at future events. My first 4StrokeWars had some dyno tales too. SandBomber's bike with BigMike, Mario, and a host of others wrenching at 2 in the morning...

Old 09-27-2008, 04:58 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

I believe the dyno ran both nights, we drove somewhere around 25 hrs to get there and I'm wondering how to get sleep next to the dyno trailer.
My memory is hazy but after the main event was over and people were leaving the hill, Scooby and a Sparks Raptor? ran over on Banshee Hill. It seems they were neck and neck but he didn't seem setup for the hill at all, Yet.
I was impressed that he rode the thing to the hill and back while all the top dogs were on trailers.

Old 09-27-2008, 12:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

72 hp power mark and the sad thing is that took a ton of time and effort to get her there but today with a few bolt ons and such my baby bikes hit that mark within the first month but those were the day'sWhen men took there toy's to the dunes and fought it out hard No T-E-A-M_S just men and there bikes and no Acies we Used to battle it out and settle it at the hill as true rivals then we would come back to camp and drink eat and be merry with our FRIENDS the same ones that were our rivals a few hours ago.Back then me and sandbomber were rivals by day friends by night and his wife makes the best Gumbo i have ever eat'in. Me and jeff would battle it out then drink tequila all night THOSE WERE THE DAYS.And yes i was proud of the #s i hit that night i had the higest hp of any normaly aspirated bike on the dyno that night and scooby had the highest of any quad that night. and he is one sharp dude.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

LOL Thanks AZ...that coon azz can cook........wow back in the good ole days

Old 09-29-2008, 01:19 AM
Pro Rider

Yea, lot's of them good ole' days are gone, it's funny how time changes everything, wish we could run the old life clock backwards some and do over again...

Old 09-30-2008, 02:07 PM
Pro Rider
I'm a Plumbing contractor and I have some old friends that always called me Pipelayer for some reason?

we have more good days in front of us Sandbomber,,even if you are 80 years old LoL

Old 09-30-2008, 02:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]No he did not go there did he....LOL

Quick Reply: Scooby's Turbo DS on eBay