CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Selling My DS650 X Do you thinks its worth 3500

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 11:13 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling My DS650 X Do you thinks its worth 3500

She has few mods in my sig I'm going to miss her.
Name:  DSCF2705.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  105.9 KB
Name:  pix172.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  87.8 KB

Old 10-25-2008, 12:54 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

A quick search would have brought you to THIS and answered all of your questions for you. They're still selling below $2K out here in the sand toy capitol of the world! I wish you luck.
It's pathetic when you call up a guy that is asking $4200 for an 02 and make him and offer and explain to him what they're actually selling for, have him do the research and get back to you, and he tells you that he'd rather have it sit in the garage and rot then sell it for it's actual value. Lot's of nice machines just wasting away out there.

Old 10-26-2008, 02:48 AM
Pro Rider

Nice looking bike, Lhduce, and best of luck selling it. By the way, are those chrome lugnuts you have on there? If so, where did you get them, if you don't mind me asking? I've never been able to find any nice ones in chrome, since the DS has kind of an oddball thread size/pitch.

I bought my 04 Baja X, bone stock with 10 hours or so on it, back in January for $3,500. But, the market has changed quite a bit since then. I'm not sure there are a lot of buyers out there right now, unfortunately.

Old 10-26-2008, 03:18 AM
Pro Rider

Hey, ACE, hope all is well with you. I don't think the scenario you describe is necessarily pathetic, its just that sales price is inversely proportional to the desperation of the seller. The guy you describe is just not desperate. Have you noticed the volume of stuff (toyhaulers, rails, motorhomes, quads, etc.) for sale on the Glamis websites? Toys don't seem to sell unless they are more or less given away. Regarding DS's, it seems like you see a different bike getting parted out on Ebay every day. Those just might be the bikes that the owners weren't willing to part with for less than $2k. Do you think there's more money to be made parting out a bike like that, rather than selling it whole?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: aceisback

A quick search would have brought you to THIS and answered all of your questions for you. They're still selling below $2K out here in the sand toy capitol of the world! I wish you luck.

It's pathetic when you call up a guy that is asking $4200 for an 02 and make him and offer and explain to him what they're actually selling for, have him do the research and get back to you, and he tells you that he'd rather have it sit in the garage and rot then sell it for it's actual value. Lot's of nice machines just wasting away out there.</end quote></div>

Old 10-26-2008, 08:03 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

jusrlax, don't mistake my point for thinking or saying anyone is desperate, I hope that is not the case with anyone we know. What I am refering to as pathetic is the fact that someone will come out and tell you straight up that they haven't riden thier DS in two or more years but if they can't get over $3 or 4K then they would just rather have it sit in thier garage and go to waste. With no intention of ever riding it again to begin with.
There may be more to be made from tearing it down and parting it out, but damn that's alot of work for just a couple of hundred extra dollars. And every part is not going to sell so you're left with the remnants still in your way.
I'm sure that you read the other thread on this subject and understand that I'm not wishing hard times on anyone, I've gone through them myself in the past and have made a decent recovery. I'm just saying that if you've lost intrest in something and are trying to sell it don't be asking what Chaparral was selling them new for earlier in the year (07 DSX, $4199).
And yes, I've noticed all "toys" have dropped dramatically, I've got my eye on two seperate haulers that are 8-10ft larger than mine, several years newer, and below $18K. Mine is a 28' and an 01. The ones I'm hawking are 06 and newer, one with only about five dune trips on it.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:43 PM
Pro Rider

I think you're right about the ebay parting out process. I bought an entire motor and radiator from a SoCal guy in April, and met him in Bakersfied to pick them up (I live up in Fresno). He told me that the process of parting it out was way more hassle than it was worth (constant trips to the UPS store, answering literally hundreds of emails and sending pictures, dickering with people, etc. etc.).

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: aceisback

jusrlax, don't mistake my point for thinking or saying anyone is desperate, I hope that is not the case with anyone we know. What I am refering to as pathetic is the fact that someone will come out and tell you straight up that they haven't riden thier DS in two or more years but if they can't get over $3 or 4K then they would just rather have it sit in thier garage and go to waste. With no intention of ever riding it again to begin with.

There may be more to be made from tearing it down and parting it out, but damn that's alot of work for just a couple of hundred extra dollars. And every part is not going to sell so you're left with the remnants still in your way.

I'm sure that you read the other thread on this subject and understand that I'm not wishing hard times on anyone, I've gone through them myself in the past and have made a decent recovery. I'm just saying that if you've lost intrest in something and are trying to sell it don't be asking what Chaparral was selling them new for earlier in the year (07 DSX, $4199).

And yes, I've noticed all "toys" have dropped dramatically, I've got my eye on two seperate haulers that are 8-10ft larger than mine, several years newer, and below $18K. Mine is a 28' and an 01. The ones I'm hawking are 06 and newer, one with only about five dune trips on it.</end quote></div>

Old 10-27-2008, 11:56 PM
Range Rover

Well, I just looked on craigslist here in AZ, seems $3500 is a fair price for an 06. Heck, I only found one 06 and the guy was asking $4700. Seen some 2000-2001 down in $2500 didn't see much cheaper than that.

Only you know what your bike is worth to you. I sold mine awhile back when the low-ballers that call on the phone, or e-mail were telling me 3000-3500, I got my price of $4200 from the first guy that came to see it.

Old 10-28-2008, 07:44 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Just sold my DS for $3000, and it was built very well.

Old 10-28-2008, 11:40 PM
Military Rider

Congrats Seth, I know you would've liked more and I don't blame you for what you had into it. Market dictates...
I guess Arizona is the place to go to sell. My next Glamis trip I'll have for sale signs on all three of mine, I guess I could take $12,600 for the trio seeing as to how they're $4200 there. Might be able to get that RZR S then. I'll be cruisn' the Gordon's Well/Buttercup area since that's where the AZ crowds congregates. Gonna go throw the titles in the glove box now so I don't forget. I wonder if that $4200 was for bone stock or built like these. I could take the time to return them to OEM if so. I know some folks looking for some TM45's, and Lectrons, and 720 kit, and IMS pegs, Big Gun exhaust, HPR this and thats, never mind, got tired thinking about it all. And it's still 86 here at 7:40PM.
Anybody wanting to buy any of three 03's for what you can get a new 07 from the dealer for then PM me. I'll hook a gigilo up!

Old 10-29-2008, 02:50 PM
Range Rover

Pay attention to detail. I did not state that the AZ market was getting $4200 for DS bikes at this point in time. Posted asking prices of $2500-$4700 which would put the LHduce price right in line out here. If you read my post one more time, you will realize I stated I had sold my bike "awhile back". I was merely stating that at the time I sold my bike, that I felt my bike was worth more than the average, and I was correct because it did sell for more. The pics of my bike are still on my page even though I don't own it anymore. Few mods, mostly stock, and super clean if you wanted to see what a $4200 bike was. To get back to the original thread. The guy wanted to know if his bike is worth $3500. So with a quick search here in AZ market, that his price he was asking was in line if he was listing it here. He can use that information and compile it with other info. such as the CA. market, and decide what it is worth to him to sell his bike.

Quick Reply: Selling My DS650 X Do you thinks its worth 3500