CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Ds650 Nitrous ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ds650 Nitrous ???

I would like to put the sauce on my ds, whats the latest info on it. I have done some searches and it seems like boondockers is the kit to have, but they were older threads. Whats the word? I am very nitrous intelligent when it comes to cars, but not so much in the atv thing.

Would i be ok building my own kit out of stuff i already have? or should i just get the boondockers kit?

Those that have built thier own kits, would you share with me on what you did and how well it worked?

And also some tuning advice?

And those that did the boondockers kit, are they still running and how well do you like em?

Old 10-28-2008, 09:05 PM
Trailblazer

can i buy the docker kit without a bottle? I already have a small cheater bottle and plenty of solenoids, if i build my own, what fogger nozzle are you using and what fuel pump?

Old 10-29-2008, 01:23 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BigChief650

can i buy the docker kit without a bottle? I already have a small cheater bottle and plenty of solenoids, if i build my own, what fogger nozzle are you using and what fuel pump?</end quote></div>

never worked with nitrous on an atv either, but i know they don't have a fuel pump = ] lol but i imagine you could buy it w/o the bottle id just call them and tell them what you need.

Old 10-29-2008, 06:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

For the best system you can't beat boss noss it is the lowest maintanence system out there there bottles do suck so i would inquire if you can purchase it without the bottle.

Old 10-30-2008, 10:48 AM
Pro Rider

Jim Atherly of Boss is a bit short of business sense in my opinion. He loves to buy Chinese parts and use them in his kits without testing them, or providing the chinese with proper specs to ensure that parts are uniform. I've seen this in electrical switches (from china (not properly rated for ATV voltage)) that directly connect to ATV batteries that power his nitrous system. He has rebuffed customer and employee encouragements to have it fused to prevent vehicle fires if/when the switch fails. I've actually witnessed 2 vehicle fires after installation of his system! One was my own Honda 460EX, and another was a Harley Davidson Street Bike. Further, his nitrous bottle valves leak over time because his low quality machined aluminum valve is not hard anodized thus causing the aluminum to wear quickly which causes the high pressure nitrous to leak. Jim never figured those basic elements out, nor did he listen to those that warned him [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] . Further, he rarely answers the phone, therefore never gets any feedback. What Jim has could have changed the industry, instead, his lack of knowlege or motivation to change things for the better has doomed his company to the abyss of those that could have been.

Old 10-30-2008, 01:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I still run both systems you sold me mark back in 05 and have had no problens@
all i did not run his switches or tanks but the rest of the system is working flawlessly and hit like they are souposed to every time.And i run the 30 or 35 hits all night long.my nx system works great too but im always replacing sols.

Old 10-30-2008, 04:39 PM
Pro Rider

Thats because I sorted through all the bad parts for you! :-)

Old 11-01-2008, 12:27 AM
Trailblazer

ok, so the nx or the boss noss is the way to go.

Now, what can i safely run on my bike.

stock 650 engine, 11.5 to one cp forged piston, stock head and cams, tm45 carb and odp end cap. I plan on running c 16 since thats what i run in my nitrous car, i have a little of it at all times.

How do i take out timing, and what plug do i run? NGK preferrably

Old 11-01-2008, 01:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I run NGK plugs and U4.5 fuel the c16 just never did good on my bikes and there all 14.1 and you can run up to a 35 hit on a stock bore bike or i should say i do.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-01-2008, 11:39 AM
Elite Pro Rider

they sell hand held temp guages that you point at the engine and it will tell you the temp, after you get your system make a few hard runs no nitrous,take a temp reading on the exhaust pipe at the head this will give you a base number, after you have this worked out do a run on the juice and repeat the test, there shouldn't be a large difference on the temp. most systems are jetted rich, so this will help with the dailing it in. one thing to be aware of is maintaining bottle temp on the nx system, at sand mountain nev. in the summer it wasn't a problem but on the oregon dunes it had times it was challenging. if the temp drops low on the bottle the engine is slower than without nitrous. the feeling people have beating a nitrous machine( priceless ) the feeling coming back with the bottle pressure right and turning the juice loose priceless. good luck. oh another thought would be which system hides the best.

Quick Reply: Ds650 Nitrous ???