CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

most power on stock bore stock stroke ds

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 12:08 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default most power on stock bore stock stroke ds

My 450r i beileve if i would have put a longer swing on it i wouldve made some cry to. it had the stocker on it and i would ride with most my weight on the front just to drag. 2nd 3rd 4th was nothin for the front to be up.just waiting on money to come in and get it going again ds has be take alot of the funds.stil trying to figure what i want to do with it. tame it for the daughter or full drag?

Old 01-29-2009, 12:36 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DS650powe

79hp...turboed?</end quote></div>

nope n/a motor. no added bore or stroke or turbo or n20. all engine bro [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. it pretty much a fsa duners or stockbore class engine in a duner frame.
79 is weak imo for a turbo. there was just a guy with a 804cc turboed raptor 700 making 145hp!

Old 01-29-2009, 05:17 PM
Pro Rider
Runs a 730 kit from OMW with web109's and a 48mm lectron. It has some serious torque!

nice numbers for a n/a bike. some people dont like to add a ton of boost so i figured it was a mild turbo build.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DS650powe

nice numbers for a n/a bike. some people dont like to add a ton of boost so i figured it was a mild turbo build.</end quote></div>

thanks.these raptor 700 do very well as stock bores. but your guys ds650s are not any joke either. ive been beat by a decent ammount of u guys.

Old 02-04-2009, 05:47 PM
Pro Rider
I'm a Plumbing contractor and I have some old friends that always called me Pipelayer for some reason?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: YAMASUXHONDUST

ya i can see your point dragondj11 you can take a bike full weight ds slap it on the dyno get 80hp out of it. take the same bike with a 260lb rider. place them next to a bike weighing 375lb with it pushing 55hp and a 150lb rider.the set up on the ds all wrong and the lighter bike having a good set up i would say the race would be real close and the lighter bike may win. just my opinon.</end quote></div>

You must have raced Dragon it sounds like you discribed him with a littler rider[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
sorry brotha I hadto

Old 02-04-2009, 10:07 PM
Trailblazer

nope have never raced dragon. speak from my feelings i agree with dragon on somethings not taking sides just somethings. reason for starting post was to see what the ds can do with little mods. i believe the ds if still made today would have been a bigger hit if a lighter version would have been made with a better aftermarket world behind the bike. the power is there you just have to find a way to unlease it. my buddie when i got this bike was like me he could.nt believe that we are limited on aftermarket stuff. if it wasnt for some of you on this forum or forums i'd be lost.on were to go to get things.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:49 AM
Pro Rider

No worries man, Pipelayer was just giving me crap. I will get even next time him and I meet and I beat his big bore with my stock bore LMAO

Ok, back on track. We would have all been lost without the forums for aftermarket. I would have never found the power mine has without that help. Not to mention, I have made some great friends through them.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:29 AM
Pro Rider
I'm a Plumbing contractor and I have some old friends that always called me Pipelayer for some reason?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DragonDJ11

No worries man, Pipelayer was just giving me crap. I will get even next time him and I meet and I beat his big bore with my stock bore LMAO

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]

Old 02-05-2009, 12:51 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Unless Nick wears him out from arm wrestling first [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-05-2009, 03:43 PM
Trailblazer

ya i wish i was out west were most of you guys are at. alot of yamaha guys around here.

Quick Reply: most power on stock bore stock stroke ds