CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

beadlocks

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 06:46 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default beadlocks

the set i had definitly spun on the rim , but i didnt mount them bought them mounted used, rims . but the tires were new, i changed both[ another used set] and had no problem's since. i can tell you once they spin ,they dont hold air anymore. and i would have to agree that its your clutch, especialy if it doesnt slip in first, or second . the upper gears put more stress on the clutch

Old 02-04-2009, 12:49 PM
Trailblazer
Default beadlocks

AFTER READING AGAIN. i would say stir and azsand may have your problem. after thinking on it when my clutch went 3rd to 5th i would not go but the motor would rev to the moon. i thought it was the paddles had no hook up put my turf tammers on it did the same on pavement just an idea. if you have done any mods the stock clutch will not hold up. this is when mine went. that was just a cdi box that did it in.

Old 02-06-2009, 06:19 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default beadlocks

ok you have some really good points I tried the glue stuff didn't seem to do much i am not loosing any air in the tires so you all might be right with the clutch problem i have noticed that when i come to a stop on pavement with me paddles on in like the staging area it sounds like something is catching like a clutch. if it is the clutch where would i get one and what brand do i get and also how much do you guys think it will cost to replace if I do the work or have a shop do it. thanks for the help in advance.

Old 02-06-2009, 06:56 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default beadlocks

so i looked around and found a barnett dirt digger clutch kit for 169 buck shipped is that a good deal and should i get it and also how hard is replacing the clutch can i do it on my own. also what is the difference between a regular kit and a extra plate kit.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:08 AM
Canadian and Proud of it !!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default beadlocks

Buy the dirt digger kit, its come with one extra plate (9 plates) and a stiffer set of springs. The clutch is really easy to replace on a DS. I know there are instructions on this site somewhere, maybe somebody could post a link to them. The only really thing you will need is a torque wrench that does inch pounds.

Best way to learn is do it yourself, thats how I did it.

Old 02-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Range Rover
Default beadlocks

i think 650.net has instructions, not sure. but while in there check the bearing in the center of the pressure plate, should spin freely with no drag, if not replace it .
some raise the clutch side of the quad so you dont lose oil, personaly i would drain it as well as the resovior, and change the oil and filter, to remove any clutch particals . reprime oil system befor starting. the springs barnett use are weak,
check out ron woods, dont forget a gasket.side note after unhooking the clutch cable mark where the position of the arm , note when you remove it it turns . after reinstalling make sure it is in the same place,

Old 02-06-2009, 04:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default beadlocks

cool thanks guy this helps alot i will let you guys know if it fixes my problem

Old 02-06-2009, 06:36 PM
Trailblazer
Default beadlocks

hmmm i thought the barrnett springs were stiffer than the woods. 80% barrnett 60% woods. x-runner you may not notice it at all in the lower gears .it'll be in 3rd to 5th gear the clutch slipping.if it sounds like something catching u may have a different problem.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:04 AM
Range Rover
Default beadlocks

i think my clutch is bad too. when i give her the juice, i will run through the gears and in 4th and 5th, when the clutch is out, the engine will kinda rev up and then it will fully engage in the gear. is this the clutch?

Old 02-07-2009, 09:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Default beadlocks

SOUNDS LIKE IT IS.

Quick Reply: beadlocks