CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Possible Arctic Cat to Can-Am Switcher Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 08:12 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible Arctic Cat to Can-Am Switcher Questions

I am a long standing Arctic Cat owner looking to make the switch to Can Am. I am looking more so at a Renegade 500 or Outlander 500. First of all, which would any of you prefer and why? How well does Visko-Lok work and has it let anyone down? Any other general pros and cons of the vehicles? And very important question, how are the Holeshot ATR Renegade tires in the mud? My stock Goodyear Rawhide RS works pretty excellent and is similar to a swamplite in tread design, only not as aggressive and I like how well they work. Thank you in advance for your help I appreciate it.

Edit: Also, where is the air intake on these machines? The AC filter is underneath the steering wheel, but the actual intake to that is in the very front of the machine, which I think is inconvenient going face first into mud. Also the approximate height of the intake would be appreciated, and are they the same height on both machines? I know they are pretty much the exact same thing only different plastic and tires. Thanks again.

Edit: Since it is a twin, do you ride mainly in high or low gear? How fast can you go in low gear? My AC 650 V2 had to be driven in low gear up to 30-40 MPH. Also in the tranny good quality? Any probs?

Edit: Does either ATV have a place to hook up a trailer or a ball stock?

Last edited by tehpwnerer19; 05-31-2009 at 08:32 PM. Reason: More Questions
Old 06-01-2009, 07:22 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by tehpwnerer19
I am a long standing Arctic Cat owner looking to make the switch to Can Am. I am looking more so at a Renegade 500 or Outlander 500. First of all, which would any of you prefer and why? How well does Visko-Lok work and has it let anyone down? Any other general pros and cons of the vehicles? And very important question, how are the Holeshot ATR Renegade tires in the mud? My stock Goodyear Rawhide RS works pretty excellent and is similar to a swamplite in tread design, only not as aggressive and I like how well they work. Thank you in advance for your help I appreciate it.

Edit: Also, where is the air intake on these machines? The AC filter is underneath the steering wheel, but the actual intake to that is in the very front of the machine, which I think is inconvenient going face first into mud. Also the approximate height of the intake would be appreciated, and are they the same height on both machines? I know they are pretty much the exact same thing only different plastic and tires. Thanks again.

Edit: Since it is a twin, do you ride mainly in high or low gear? How fast can you go in low gear? My AC 650 V2 had to be driven in low gear up to 30-40 MPH. Also in the tranny good quality? Any probs?

Edit: Does either ATV have a place to hook up a trailer or a ball stock?
check out can-amtalk.com or atvfrontier.com there are alot more out owners over there.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:02 AM
Range Rover

Stay clear from the Outlander 500 the front suspension sucks, it dosn't have the wishbone in the front like the Outlander 650 & 800. The 500 Renegade is good.
We had a Outlander 500 for my wife it steared hard, and didn't handle any wares close to my 650.