ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   CAN-AM (BRP) (https://atvconnection.com/forums/can-am-brp/)
-   -   mr hp or woods? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/can-am-brp/328523-mr-hp-woods.html)

dunetic 06-30-2010 02:12 AM

mr hp or woods?

My ds650 is getting a little worn out. It seems like it's losing power and is pouring out oil out of everywhere. I think it's time for a rebuild. I wanna replace all the seals so while the engine is apart may as well add some goodies and rebuild it all.

So my question is, what would you guys go with, Woods or Mr HP? If I went with woods, I would do the stage 2 for sure, maybe stage 3. If I went with Mr HP I would get his carb and intake, dune porting(probably with titanium valves), OMW-4 cam, big bore kit, and I'm thinking maybe a 5mm stroker crank.

I mainly dune, I'd say 95% of my riding is at Glamis. I want more power for dunin, I'm not a huge racer, I'd rather dune than shoot the hill, but I'm not opposed to shooting the hill. Anyways, any of you guys got some input on which might fit me better and maybe what parts to get or what not to? I was gonna email Mr HP(OMW racing right??) probably still will, but what is your opinion on a stroker? My main question is are they reliable?

That's enough for now, I'm tired and have typed enough, thanks for reading this and hopefully getting a response. I might have more questions later.

Steven

aceisback 06-30-2010 09:40 AM

Depends on how much work YOU want to do. With RWR you get to bolt it all on, with HPR you get to send the motor to him to work his magic. Of course magic ain't cheap! Both are good and reliable but Eric has really made some strides over the past couple of years. RWR has rested on their laurels for quite a while.

Big Ray 800 06-30-2010 11:17 PM

Check with dubai polaris he had a 855 motor for sale real cheap

also boomer84 has a couple of 800 motors for sale

Forcefed 07-02-2010 12:31 PM

Yes, It is OMW Racing ... HPR is & has been over with for a while.

Are strokers reliable ... absolutely & without question.

IMO - Mr. HP / OMW Racing would be a very wise decision over Woods.

DubaiPolaris 07-02-2010 05:49 PM

OMW for sure!

Thanks for the plug Ray! Yep, got a complete OMW855 that would be the ultimate bolt on!!

Chris

dunetic 07-02-2010 09:17 PM

How much would you want for the 855? Isn't that more of a race engine? Even going that big is still reliable? I'm concerned about reliablity because of my friends built banshee. He has a lot of problems when he started going crazy like I'd like to.

Steven

TheStir 07-02-2010 10:37 PM

THEBOM has good stuff for the DS as well. Great guy to work with.

My DS has stuff from all three.

I have a RW CDI

OMW cams and springs. (HPR2s LOVE them for the trail riding & duning I do)

THEBOM TM48 and intake manifold. (Good price and lots of help with getting it dialed in just right)

650 woody 07-12-2010 11:38 PM

i dont know about mr hp. but ive have ron woods stage 3 on my ds for 3 year and have no problems with it its been really reliable. i uselly do more dunin than dragin its better on the hill in glamis than at the on flat land no regrets but i have another bike in the works for that!

dunetic 07-13-2010 05:44 AM

I'm looking into a turbo kit now. We will see, I would love to have a turbo DS!!

Steven

Boomer84 07-13-2010 11:21 AM

Turbo 800

I have OLE' Yellar sold I think ? But would consider a back-up offer. Go to U-tube and put in ds650 turbo you can see a video of her!!!Call if interested Gary 503-320-9688