CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Ds650 owners post your ride

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 02:08 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I raced xc racing for years ..I love the razor 2 tires, they just work. never go flat and have only ripped one side wall in many years .. there great trail/races tires ... I prefer the rear 20" and the fronts 21" and I run a 16tooth sprocket ... great combo You realy need to search and do your homework to find a good deal on them. I found mine from chapperell atv with free ship

Yea alot of people ask me about the no fenders.. It's unreal how clean I still stay. I have owned 6 ds650s and all of them get this setup ... I just like it ...I also relocate the battery to under the seat....something about the battery off the side bothers me ... personal problem i guess.
Name:  P5070010.jpg
Views: 775
Size:  161.4 KB

Old 01-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by bartmann
I raced xc racing for years ..I love the razor 2 tires, they just work. never go flat and have only ripped one side wall in many years .. there great trail/races tires ... I prefer the rear 20" and the fronts 21" and I run a 16tooth sprocket ... great combo You realy need to search and do your homework to find a good deal on them. I found mine from chapperell atv with free ship

Yea alot of people ask me about the no fenders.. It's unreal how clean I still stay. I have owned 6 ds650s and all of them get this setup ... I just like it ...I also relocate the battery to under the seat....something about the battery off the side bothers me ... personal problem i guess.
Ah man, your kill'n me! That looks real clean. I always hated the fact that the battery is exposed under the fender. Was it hard to do? Looks like you removed the Air box. So I guess you had to move the rectifier and a few other components also. Might be more work than I can handle right now.

Old 01-09-2012, 06:17 PM
Banned

yea I dump the airbox. I move the rectifier and solenoid to the space between the taillight and the battery. I cut the couple of bars off the subframe, grind off the battery box and weld it in place from the bottom side. all the wires can reach but one from the solenoid. I just exstend that one a little no big deal. then a little paint to make it all look factory again. I did add a led tail light but that pic is older. I also cut and reweld the shock rezzy mounts (very simple) this makes it very clean and looks more thought out ... I thought about making a few sub frames with the welding ect done but didnt know if I could sell them. not to many ds's around this area ....

Old 01-10-2012, 08:46 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by bartmann
yea I dump the airbox. I move the rectifier and solenoid to the space between the taillight and the battery. I cut the couple of bars off the subframe, grind off the battery box and weld it in place from the bottom side. all the wires can reach but one from the solenoid. I just exstend that one a little no big deal. then a little paint to make it all look factory again. I did add a led tail light but that pic is older. I also cut and reweld the shock rezzy mounts (very simple) this makes it very clean and looks more thought out ... I thought about making a few sub frames with the welding ect done but didnt know if I could sell them. not to many ds's around this area ....
That's more than I can take on right now but will keep in mind for the future. Not many people around here with DS's either. I like it that way. All my friends still comment every time they see it. DS envy!

Old 01-10-2012, 03:30 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No fenders here either. You really only need them for riding in mud which my DS never sees. I also have my battery tucked under the seat in a custom aluminum subframe. Subframe and lighweight battery shaved off over 20lbs from the pig.

Attached Thumbnails Ds650 owners post your ride-img_5099_1.jpg  
Old 01-10-2012, 06:25 PM
Banned

Yea I had made a aluminum sub frame on my last ds. its was way lighter. Im getting older and lazyer so this will have to do ...

Old 04-17-2012, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider

I would post some pics but I havent been on here in years and forgot how

Old 06-30-2012, 04:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

custom made (by me) chrome-alloy lower A-arms, 720cc JE big-bore, powder coating and ceramic coating on exhaust done by me, custom built (by me) exhaust baffle and tip

Old 07-19-2012, 08:07 PM
Trailblazer

Bartman, better be a wideband as a Rich & Lean is a waste of money.

If it is a wideband, What brand it is?

Old 07-30-2012, 01:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

Name:  WP_000651.jpg
Views: 927
Size:  164.9 KB
Name:  WP_000652.jpg
Views: 740
Size:  137.5 KB
Name:  WP_000529-1.jpg
Views: 702
Size:  164.7 KB
Name:  quad3.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  63.2 KB

my 06 ds 650
ron woods exhaust, k and n filter, custom front screen/fairing, aftermarket graphics, douglas red labels, barnett 9 plate clutch, rpk rack.

enjoying every minute of it.
would love to go duning but in the uk it is illegal and we can only use specific routes which are slowly getting shut down one by one.

Quick Reply: Ds650 owners post your ride