CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS-650 for Fourlix !!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2001, 11:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[red]CONGRATS TO OUR NEW DS OWNERS[/RED]

Old 03-28-2001, 03:27 PM
Pro Rider

Jimmie,
I really wanted a Black one. But two things stopped me.
#1. They had no idea how long it would take to find one.
#2. Black shows scratches so easy. My friends 300EX was real bad about it.
AND they took off $150 more & threw in a Bombardier racing jersey if I take the yellow 2001 on the floor.
My girl likes the yellow one better so it works out I guess.

Old 03-28-2001, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

Going to "Cruces" tomorrow to pick up the DS.
Accessories should be in Friday. I might just ride it before putting on the XCT tires and A-arms, yeah.
Meanwhile my '97 Yukon, 67,000 miles, toasted its tranny the other night, barely got it to the dealer. $1900.
This piece of crap has got to go. What a overpriced piece of sh!ti.
We still have two good Chevy trucks. We need a family rig, and we are once again looking at SUV's. The new Toyota Highlander looks interesting. The Sequoia looks great but is major bucks. I am done with GM. These new trucks are a pain in the a$$.
Silly Later,,,Fourlix

Old 03-29-2001, 12:01 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Plan on upgrading the tires, you'll be a lot happier.

Old 03-29-2001, 01:34 AM
Pro Rider

Quote:

"geez- all you polaris guys are leavin!"

(They aren't Polaris guys, it was just a newbie phase on their way to hard bottomed Nirvana)

Nah! Not all of us. Heck, the desert/plateau guys didn't need a Sportsman or an Arctic Cat 500 in the first place. They are just realizing where they should have been in the first place

In fact most of the places I ride, a 2wd with good rear tires can go just about anywhere anyway.

But then I am currently residing in MN the land of the sandy loam and no marle or clay to speak of.

Old 03-30-2001, 01:09 AM
Pro Rider

Oh,,,,MY,,,,,GOD,,,,,,This thing is soooo
FAST!!!!!!!! All that time I spent looking for horsepower in my Sportsman H.O. It was all over here!! No wonder. I just got home about 8:30 and my son Skyler and I rode it around our fields after dark. Holy **** this thing is fast.
First gear is soo tall, this could be a little problem. There are places we ride where
going this fast is just ridiculous, if not suicidal. I have a 14 tooth front sprocket, but I am putting on taller tires for ground clearance,
and a bigger back sprocket is going to lose some of that. Well, I just gotta do what I gotta do.
I need to ask 3TV about the first gear on the Raptor, we hear about the big space between 1st and 2nd on the Raptor, maybe it is a little lower.
Moot point now,for me, but my friend is waiting in the wings with the same "DS or Raptor" question.
And then there are Turbos? EFI? Headwork pipes carbs, ay caramba, I think I've got enough power here to last me for a while!! I think I'll keep my Sportsman for a rescue vehicle!!
Silly later,,,,Fourlix

Old 03-30-2001, 01:43 AM
Pro Rider

Okay I just found first gear. I was starting out in second!! Great for drag racing, not so good for rock crawling. I didn't realize the shift pattern was the old one down, four up. I am so used to the Polaris EXP five up, with down being for reverse. Gotta get used to the brake now being the clutch. Gotta have brakes. Gotta have BOTH brakes. Got the Timmy Boy upper A-arms they look soo good, Greydon skidplate and the 14 tooth sprocket, expecting tires tomorrow. This thing has so much torque, I think I can live with the gearing. This weekend is going to Rock!!

My 12 year old son now wants to trade his EXP for a 400 EX and abandon his quest for a Yamaha 125.
His mom hates motorcycles so this is not a half bad idea.

Old 03-30-2001, 03:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

You weren't one of the other 4 DS650 owners who just ordered a full set of Holeshot XCTs and rims from OMF, were you? I called monday about 12 noon PST and 3 other people had already placed orders for a full set. My set is supposed to arrive tomorrow as well. I'm interested in seeing the performance changes between the stock and XCTs.

Old 03-30-2001, 04:53 AM
Pro Rider

My XCT's are coming from National Tire and Wheel as advertised in Dirt Wheels. I bought some Supeer Swampers for my old AutoCat from them and they were here in two days. I am hoping for the same timeliness so I can use them this weekend.
Final Price on the DS was $6500 including $214 for registration, title and ohv license.
So I think I did pretty good after all. A-arms, skidplate, 14 tooth countershaft sprocket, tires
and back rack comes out to about a grand$$. But I ought to be able to recoup $100-$150 for the stock tires. Anybody want them???? Kenda Dominator 20x11x9 and 21x7x10

Old 03-30-2001, 08:21 AM
Pro Rider

My Scrambler I'm trading in for my DS has Holeshot XCT's on it. Hmmm. Should I switch?
Probably too late...

Quick Reply: DS-650 for Fourlix !!