CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Bombarider Quest 650 XT no start

Old 02-10-2017, 03:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bombarider Quest 650 XT no start

Hey guys new to the group and I was hoping to gain a little insight on an issue I have come across on my brothers four wheeler. He's got a 2002 Bombardier Quest 650 XT. It goes a long time in between uses, but it usually starts without a hitch, aside from an occasional dead battery. I put fresh gas in, cleaned the air filter, and charged the battery; but no luck. I pulled the plug cleaned it and checked for spark. Have a very strong spark, tried warming the plug and putting it back in and starting, still no luck. Figured maybe the needle in the carb was sticking, took that apart and it is also fine. Tried spraying fuel in the carb to try to get it to atleast fire, and nothing. I have good compression so at this point i am at a loss. Has anyone else had much experience with these machines, maybe can think of something that I haven't?

Thanks in advanced!

Old 02-11-2017, 04:27 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it has air and spark then not getting fuel. Pull line off from the tank to be sure it's flowing to the carb. If that's good then the carb is probably gummed up and needs to be cleaned/rebuilt. If not using ethanol-free premium with stabilizer in it then doesn't take long for the gas to go bad.