CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

"Junkyard Wars" Monday Night, starring FOURLIX with the Metal Medics vs. Art Attack.

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2001, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We went to London in September and did this reality TV show for THE LEARNING CHANNEL. It was a blast. This originally aired in January, but I didn't let anyone on here know till afterwards.
My team was the Metal Medics, my real name is Alex. The second half of the show is basically mine. I won't tell you any more than that. Enjoy the show...Junkyard Wars, TLC, Monday, May 28.

Old 05-23-2001, 07:11 PM
Pro Rider

Seen the program on TLC, will be watching on Monday.

Old 05-23-2001, 08:03 PM
Pro Rider

I watch that show all the time. It looks like a blast. Can you at least tell us what the task was that you had to do with whatever you created? Another cool part about the show, they give you a quad to go hunting with. lol

Old 05-23-2001, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for leting us know I'll catch it for sure

Old 05-23-2001, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider

I've seen that one, they have to make a boat. I thought their engine (diesel I think) looked way too heavy for the "boat" but it worked great.....well mostly they forgot to add something. One of the best Junkyard Wars I have seen, the dunebuggies on last weeks show were cool too. I know fourlix would have been REALLY into the dunebuggy concept. I'm sure it would have had fully independant rear suspension and a bullet bike engine.

Old 05-23-2001, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider

We had 10 hours to build a ...Powerboat! We had no idea what we were to build untill the actual shooting started. We tried really hard to find out. Bought many drinks. We even did an internet search on our "expert" to find out what his expertise was. All we could figure out was that it might be something Wet. He was from New Orleans, and one of the guys wives saw some life jackets.
The junkyard is seeded with stuff to make it possible. The expert submits a plan and a wish list to the production company ahead of time. They try to provide neccessary junk to pull it off. But the expert and captain are not allowed out of the shop area to scavange. All he can do is tell us what to look for, and we try to find it. And the production company never supplies everything. They want you to succeed. They want a good show. They also don't make it easy by providing just what the expert wants. Improvisation, creativity, solid welding and mechanical skills, and a good sense of humor and sportsmanship are what's needed. There is no prize money. It is a hell of a ball-busting work day, total frenzy. Talking to the camera is the only break you get, which is added to your time.
Fantastic experience, great people. Cathy Rogers is soo cool. Even the American guy is cool, but he has a tough job following Robert Lewyllen. This is way more than you are supposed to know....I was motor guy. I was the Dirtiest contestant ever, dirtiest motor I have ever worked on.

Old 05-28-2001, 02:01 PM
Pro Rider

Tonight!

Old 05-28-2001, 10:14 PM
Range Rover

just seen junkyard wars. this episode was great! and boy did you boat fly until...you know when.
but at least it diddnt sink.

Old 05-28-2001, 10:16 PM
Range Rover

oh yeah, did you have fun on there "qaud bike"

Old 05-28-2001, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider

i missed it! my friends told me its on at 8 but its really on at 7 maybe i'll catch it on a rerun.

Quick Reply: "Junkyard Wars" Monday Night, starring FOURLIX with the Metal Medics vs. Art Attack.