CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Engine-Cool

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2001, 01:36 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the thread "warning about 40 below" 92LT posted a url to Pro-Blend's Tech Page there Pro-Blend recomends using P/N8012 Engine-Cool or P/N8080 Engine Racing Concentrate instead of 40 Below, I emailed Pro-Blend with a couple of questions, heres a copy of the emails
Edit Pro-Blend recomends adding 4 ounces to the oil every 3rd oil change

At 05:34 PM 7/7/01 -0600, you wrote:
I am considering running Engine Cool (P/N 8012) in my ATV, A Bombardier
DS650 and I have a couple of questions.
1 Does this product contain "friction modifiers or anything else that will
adversely affect the operation of the wet clutch, I.E. cause it to slip?
2 Is there any conflict with its use in aluminum motors? The DS650 uses a
Rotax 650cc four stroke motor with aluminum cases, cylinder and head
Thank you very much for your time and information Randy

Hi Randy,
Just got back in town.....
1. No....actually the wet clutch will work better and hold better.
2. No to this one too. All metals/materials found in engines that require
lubrication.....
I would choose P/N 8080 though as it is more concentrated.....the 8012 will
work just fine however.
Skip Higginbotham
Pro-Blend International

comments and or opinions?

Old 07-15-2001, 11:38 AM
Pro Rider
Old 07-16-2001, 04:34 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'm starting to like the sound of running both the Engine Ice and the Pro Blend 8080. However, I haven't heard anyone else in the forums using it (though Engine Ice does sponsor a lot of pro/amateur riders which helps) and this is making me skeptical. I don't have enough of a mechanics background to say whether or not the stuff works, but I am very interested in the idea of products like these if they work. Maybe some of the more mechanically knowledgeable members of our wonderful forum can add information before any of us become guinea pigs.

If I recall correctly, the fan on the DS650 comes on at about 220 degrees. (Seems somewhat hot to me.) If a person used both of these cooling aids, it seems they could reduce engine temperature by nearly 100 degrees if the benefits were cumulative (I'm sure they are not.) However, if you could reliably get 50 degrees of cooling and better lubrication (Which pro-blend says it does) then the benefits of these low budget items (especially when compared to the cost of radiator shrouds which could still be added later for even more cooling!) would be well worth the few dollars and small amount of time to implement them - and keep that pesky fan from coming on, thus extending it's serviceable life!

Old 07-17-2001, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

It would be nice to hear from someone who has use this product before (engine cool). I'm going to go with engine ice only for a while and then try the engineracing concentrate after I've run it for a while I let you all know. BTW I now carry a spare fan with my riding stuff, just waiting for it to fail