CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Alba, Graydon Propline, or CT?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2001, 09:08 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looking for a pipe for my ds, any suggestions? i am lokking at Alba, Graydon Proline, and the CT racing.thanx

Old 10-16-2001, 10:04 PM
Pro Rider

Thought about the Ron Wood pipe? It may be loud but its a performer and from what I understand its a better quality pipe than most. Also the Ron Wood customer service is second to none. If you have any problems with ANY of thier products just talk to Elliot he'll get it fixed fast.

Old 10-16-2001, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

Marky, I agree with you 100% on the Graydon thing.
There quality sucks. I got skids from them many years ago
and they were the worst. I have since switched to PRM and love there product. However I did go back to Graydon one LAST time for a Baja grab bar (just cause I liked the look alittle better then the PRM)
and guess what it lasted one ride. NEVER AGAIN. Later

Old 10-17-2001, 12:56 AM
Pro Rider

I got my best dyno results from the Big Gun Race Series. Some of the others that I tested[some of which were mentioned in this thread] gave similar peak HP, but the Big Gun gave the strongest power curve.

I'm not going to bash any of the mentioned companies[so I won't say who's pipes did poorly], just inform you of who's pipe did best.

Old 10-17-2001, 08:54 PM
Pro Rider

I have a Yoshamura aluminum (can't afford the ti)slip-on. It looks excellent fits well and boosted the power but is a little loud. For the money its a great deal.

Old 10-18-2001, 01:20 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Knutz~

Have you done any dyno tests with the Big Gun Quiet Series exhaust? I'm interested to see how much the quiet core actually does limit the performance. Thanks. BTW, does team Pami offer an exhaust system?

Old 10-18-2001, 01:31 PM
Pro Rider

Mark what do you mean by new? Will the new woods pipe not get dented like mine? Or is it going to have gold plated dents? What?

Old 10-19-2001, 12:04 AM
Range Rover

I agree with both you guys. No more Graydon for me or any of my friends. Graydon and his staff were all rude to me and ripped me on shipping and delivery date. Just say NO to Graydon.

<< Marky, I agree with you 100% on the Graydon thing.
There quality sucks. I got skids from them many years ago
and they were the worst. I have since switched to PRM and love there product. However I did go back to Graydon one LAST time for a Baja grab bar (just cause I liked the look alittle better then the PRM)
and guess what it lasted one ride. NEVER AGAIN. Later
>>

Old 10-19-2001, 01:44 AM
Pro Rider

I have yet to dyno test a quiet series pipe from Big Gun, but I think I'm going to do that soon. I'm currently developing an end cap to work with stock canisters, so I'll be headed back to the dyno for more exhaust testing soon. One of our prototypes is a reverse megaphone design with a new twist to it. It will definatly produce power, but may be pretty loud. It's a 2 1/2&quot; outlet right now. That is as close to a new exhaust as we are going.

Old 10-19-2001, 02:50 AM
Pro Rider

Hey knutz~

I've heard you mention the Big Gun Race Series exhaust before. I'm getting quite interested in the Race Series exhaust and would really like to know more about it. Is the Big Gun a lot louder than stock or is it just a different tone? Any problems with parts not going together well? Did you happen to weigh the exhaust? Big Gun's website claims the exhaust weighs 6 lbs compared to over 20 lbs for the stock exhaust. Finally, Do you have a dyno graph you could email me? Sorry to bombard you with all the questions, but I know you are one of the most knowledgeable guys on here when it comes to the DS 650. Thanks.
Brian
mach62@hotmail.com

Quick Reply: Alba, Graydon Propline, or CT?