CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Is my Quest TX 650 a lemon????

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2001, 11:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I'm the "somewhat" pround new owner of a quest tx 650 and I have to say it is a hell of a machine BUT............I've had mine 2 weeks, at 86 miles oil started spewing from the valve cover gasket, dealer said it was probably put in bad, ok so now im happy and content........108 miles, doing some yard work and practicing using the plow, Tranny jams in 4 low and wont shift out of it, took to deal, they say Bombardier knows of this problem and it is effecting just a samll number of them. The guys at work are laughing at me and saying we told you to buy Honda, and I'm not feeling real confident that I have a good machine. Dealer wants to trade me out of it on another new one for $500! Is this fair? Am I stuck with this lemon or Is there something else I can do. Please feel free to comment, I want to hear what others have to say.

Bob In Deronda, WI

Old 11-15-2001, 11:08 AM
Mar
Pro Rider

That is a very good deal. If you think its a lemon and 500 dollars is going to get you a brand new one go for it. The quest 650 as far as i know is a excellent bike. Built way better then any honda. You just probably got a crappy one. I had a simular problem with yamaha. I bought a grissly 600 and in the first week the seals behind the belt clutch started leaking and oil got on the belt. They fixed it and a month later the clutch seized. Then the engine started to spit oil. I went there and they did the same thing. They said $800 for a brand new one. I was so relived i payed it got the new one and its been a really good bike.

I have bought the Quest 650 because i was really impresed by my friends traxter. The traxter has 10000km on it and only oil changes. We drive together and drive hard. My kodiak 2000 ultra cant seem to take the abuce the traxter does and broke a steering knuckle almost cost me my life when that went. I hardly used my quest yet just maybe 12km. But it seems very sound and i have had no bad experience with any of your problems. So i would pay the 500 and you will probably get a great bike that will last you a long time.

Good luck.

Old 11-15-2001, 11:33 AM
Pro Rider

There's a time to be nice,,, and a time to start whinning, bitching and screaming....If the dealer is offering you this deal there is obviously something very wrong. How much is the aggravation worth? You could complain to Bombardier direct, the Better Business Bureau, find out what the lemon laws in your state are ( that's a tough game to play in any state). Or Bitch a little and make a better deal. Feel your way, but if the dealer is offering you a way to get out....Maybe you should take it. It's like when someone offers you a breathmint,,,never refuse.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 11-15-2001, 04:43 PM
Trailblazer

Thats not a bad deal, $500.00 for a new machine. But my question is, since the Quest has an automatic transmission, WTF do mean by "it's stuck in 4 low." ??? And it is Quest or Traxter XT, there is no such thing as a TX, at least when it comes to Bombardier ATV's.

Old 11-15-2001, 06:40 PM
TG1
Pro Rider

Hey guys, I don't mean to but in too your forum but I'd like to give my 2 cents. If the machine truly is a lemon then ColdNCruel should get a new machine for $0. No, I'm not some radical anti-business type although I do think the company should cover the $500. It'll cost them more in the long run if ColdNCruel jumps to a Honda (don't do it). Since the bike has only 108 miles I truly doubt its rider abuse. Personally I know of a couple of people that Polaris traded even with to replace lemon SP500s. Good luck, and hope you're riding soon.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-16-2001, 12:01 AM
Mar
Pro Rider

Yeah it should be 0 dollars diffrence but. Remember one thing. The dealer here put in some money. They had to pay someone to clean it for pick up. Then they fixed the valve cover gasket, Then the tranny and during that he must have noticed somthing very wrong. I think $500.00 is only fair to cover his costs. It sounds like a very good dealer. I know my yamaha dealer i had to fight and fight to get the 800 trade. ANd i dont think they would do it again. There are a lot of dealers that would just have you come in to keep fixing your bike.

Old 11-16-2001, 01:03 AM
The Facility

You are exactly right. Great deal!!

As hard as it is to say this. NO DEALER of any brand in my region would even consider doing this, including ours!

You guys who have had dealers pull strings and cover costs to keep the customer happy have got some very good dealers there.

A dealer who shows that much interest in keeping someone happy is worth much more than he's offering.

Good luck with your deal and KEEP THAT DEALER!

KNOWSALOT

Old 11-16-2001, 01:33 AM
Weekend Warrior

I just got the damn thing and still confuse TX with XT its a quest and its automatic. The shifter jammed in the low range gearing not allowing me to get to High, reverse or park. The dealer is fixing it and it should be ready by Tuesday, I have until then to decide if I just want a new machine. I'm not sure what im doing yet, $500 would buy a nice set of blackwaters......won't do me much good if the damn thing is always messed up though, what to do....what to do????

Old 11-16-2001, 09:58 AM
Pro Rider

dont get me started with bomb ....do the right thing ....listen to your friends (you should have bought a honda ) call bomb !!(I dare you) you will listen to a guy that sounds like a recording !!! they are terrable .....ok Ill offer a little advise ...If you want the fastest wheeler dont buy a honda. hondas are like nuttin else they will give you many many years of trouble free use .

Old 11-16-2001, 01:22 PM
TG1
Pro Rider

Yea, buy a Honda and regret it. Take a day and go to a Big Red dealer. Look at the frames, ground clearance, and the four-wheel drive system. Bombs are built to last, every time I've looked at one at a dealership I'm amazed at how beefy they are. I think the Oct issue of All Terrain magazine even commented on the engineering of the Quests. I'm sorry to say that Hondas are not the great machines they once were, AC, Bomb and Yamaha have come a long way and continue to progress. Honda still uses drum brakes, swing axles with limited travel, and weak limited slip front diffs. ColdNCruel you just had the bad luck of buying a lemon don't jump ship.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Is my Quest TX 650 a lemon????