CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

oh boy did i get some banshee owners pants ina bunch at the banshee hq forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2002, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i went over there just to mess around with my step brother who is a shee owner .. then i had all these guys saying iv never lost to a ds there just all fat guys tring to ride .there slow this and that . but i put up a hell of a fight..i was getting a kick out of all the shee owners getting all uptight about comp ...

just thought i would let u guys know .. my step brother may be back around here starting trouble ....

i love messing with the yamaha people

Old 01-04-2002, 03:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hey man, Don't sweat it. If it wasn't for trash talking we wouldn't have all these cool aftermarket guys selling us horsepower. Nothing but good can come from this.

Old 01-04-2002, 03:27 PM
Pro Rider

Bombthreat187,Did you tell the Banshee boys that, no hard feelings,we just like seeing their faces when they get past by us fat guys on DS's.LOL!!!!!

Old 01-04-2002, 03:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aw, come on now. You knew they were gonna get there shorts in a bunch, that's why you did it![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] That's part off the fun with these forums. The problem is when people start believing what they and/or other people are saying too much and get too serious. Just look at your signature, you left off how they are coming up to lap you because those DS's are just too dang slow.

Old 01-04-2002, 03:35 PM
Eq
Trailblazer

<< Just look at your signature, you left off how they are coming up to lap you because those DS's are just too dang slow. >>

That and the fact that the Raptors are trying to catch the Banshee in the lead. hehe

Old 01-04-2002, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider

yea its all in good fun ..but the only way a shee of a craptor is laping a ds is if the ds is still siting on the trailer ...lol

Old 01-04-2002, 07:10 PM
Pro Rider

hey imback .. here the thread because u have to be a member of the hq to see it .. so ill put it up for my fellow ds owners and see what they say about it .

one day i cam across a ds 650 witch smoked me over and over ....they i started looking at the ds,s and they are fast *** bikes. have any of you ever been smoked by a ds ... my step brother has ...lol...whats up jack ......lol Message # 47881

by jack
i thought i set your alarm...wake up step bro..lol-jack Message # 47886
by bombthreat187

well maybe if your bike was together u might be able to race me .but thats never going to happen .......lol Message # 47902

by Banshee Blaze00
i beat DS650's all the time. all i have is SSTs and dual K&amp;N's on my banshee. was this in sand or what? and what is done to your bike?? Message # 47913

by redrocket
my dad has a ds650 with a stage 1 kit. it's fast. i have alot done to my banshee and i only beat him about 3 to 4 bike lenghts. he runs 53mph in 300ft and i run 59mph. its pretty close. hes fixing to put the stage 2 on it and i'll let you know about it. Message # 47921
by bombthreat187

ok i really came on here to bust jacks *****. lol .. but i have a stock ds .. and i beat my friends banshees with pipes jetted reads .. thats about it .. but what stage one kit does your father have ... ron woods or pami ???if its ron woods you should tell him to check out knutz concepts .em,ail me for his e mail adress . this guy makes ds animals .. hes got a 760 kits that thing is bad ***........

but you can all ask jake my stock ds runs right next to his brothers shee .. be for they switched motors ...an i still have the rev limiter on it .. (i got to get ride of that )..

im out Message # 47948

by cbansh
one of my friends just raced a ds that had a turbo and barely beat it in the 1/8th mile, my friend's shee has FMF fatties a K&amp;N and shaved head. I have never had a problem with any DS's. Message # 48115

by Def
Those DS650's are nasty bikes... They got some damned good pull thats for sure, stock vs stock a DS has the upper hand... Even my piped Banshee runs just evenly. Message # 48126
by bombthreat187

that true stock for stock we do have the uper hand .. but you banshee owner still have that extra gear .. so we have that against us ... but watch out guys because the ds will be showing up more and more .. with those big bores .. but it is all in the rider two ,,, so that turbo u seen where was that i no a guy from texas named scooby ..lol .. hes got a turbo .. he still has a few bugs in it .. but that thing is crazy +6 swing arm on the thing to keep it down ....

im out

bombthreat187 Message # 48130

by redrocket
5 gear on the ds is about the same as six on a banshee. ds is .88 and the shee is .87 i think. so there's not much difference. i think stock ds's are the fastest stock of any ever made Message # 48199

by bombthreat187

very true .. stock they are probly the fastest out of the box .. but i hav,nt race a can moto yet .. my buddy has one of those fx,s and i beat that thing .. but those can,s are fast *** bikes .. they pull real hard off the line .. Message # 48255

by jack
don't worry all you banshee lovers his step brother has 480 poower valved stroker with stage 5 porting,cpi in frame pipes,delta v force reeds,twin 35mm keithin carbs with dial a jets wich is expected to put out some were around 90 horses being built right now so i'm sure he's not going to have to many stories about beating shee's..soon...lol-his step brother jack p.s the banshee he beats is a 95 never rebuilt with i'd guess around 85 psi each cylinder..lol love ya bro Message # 48288

by bombthreat187

ok jacky ..i hope this 90hp banshee last longer then you 70hp shee .i forget how many hours did u get out of that .. befor your brother blew it up .. maybe 10 .. was it ....lol.the shee that was never rebuild was the shee that ant said would smoke me no problem .. hav,nt seen that happen yea ... what modes did he have in it .. probly 1500 to 2g,s right .. thats not bad untill u compair it with a bone stock bike that runs right next to it .. then your left thinking dam what did i pay 2,gs for ?????.. im out

bombthreat187

by KEVPOPPAPUMP
Screw the drags between the Shee and DS, race tight woods or narrow trails then a stock Shee should have the advantage given the rider has *****! I love the DS but didn't quite have enough for one plus the Banshee barely fits in the bed of my Ranger so the DS definately wouldn't. Message # 48361

by cbansh
The ds with the turbo is in southwest Iowa. The guy didn't power shift and couldn't drive very well If he did he would have probably smoked my friend. I have raced several DS's in Waynoka the only fast ones was one with an intercooled turbo and the other was a chick with some stage 3 motor; they both were fast but not fast enough. Message # 48366

by jack
step bro keeps leaving out one detail he never won any of the races agaist the banshee, may have been close a couple of times on the bike with about 130 hours on the engine with no rebuild but still never won..lol.Hey ds owner gotta keep trying so why not say there close to the fastest bike out there....the banshee,oh and for all you other ds lovers your top stage kit out there right now is putting out 68 horses foe 5 grand sounds like a good deal...lol.lol.i forgot to say i'm as wide as a ds so i'm at as much as a disadvanage in the woods as the ds-jack Message # 48391

by yoyo
Stock for Stock a lt500 suzuki quadzilla will beat a ds-650....top speed for a ds 650 is right around 73 mph... a stock zilla will run at 79mph..nothing will touch a zilla stock for stock...sorry you 4 stroke fans... but the brand new big-bore 4 strokes still cant hold a candle to an old *** 500 2 -stroke..of course if you can find one in good running condition... Message # 48503

by redrocket
the stock ds will run 77mph and then it hits the rev limiter or it will go faster. i've seen a stock ds out run a lt500 with a pipe. the ds is bad
Message # 48576

by yoyo
there is no possible way a ds 650 will run 77 mph.. dirt rider magazine has it listed at 71 mph.. ive rode a ds-650 and it is only a tad bit faster on top end then a stock banshee. you are smoking crack if you think that a ds-650 will take an lt 500 with a pipe..the rider of the lt500 must of been hung-over to lose to that ds 650. an lt500 pumps out approximately 52-55HP..a ds-650 pushes about 40-44HP...YOU my friend ,need to do some more riding and research..i also raced a ds-650 when my banshee was stock and took him all the way until we were completely wound out when he ended up about 1 or 2 bike lengths ahead of me on asphalt. A stock ds-650 will NOT do 77mph... i will bet you my Banshee that it wont. There is no bike out there right now stock for stock that can pull away from a quadzilla. NONE!!!!!!! Message # 48832

by redrocket
a stock ds will run 77 mph and it would go faster in the rev limiter wouldn't have kick in. we put a stage one kit on it and it ran 93.4 on a GPS. a GPS does not LIE. i would love to show you if you ride somewhere close by. Message # 48903

by mp500
Id like to see one run 93.4 mph,,i live in Oklahoma,,is that close to you? Message # 48920

by redrocket
i live in Poteau OK. Message # 48932

by yoyo
get off the crack dude... i live in PA. if you live close ,my buddy has a piped lt500 and we can put it up to your stock ds-650 on pavement where traction will not be a problem to contend with. i will bet you bike for bike. you can have my banshee if your stock ds-650 will beat a piped lt500 in a drag. Message # 49001

by redrocket
its not stock
Message # 49086

by bombthreat187

hey jack you forgot about ant complaining about not having traction and he said once i get new tires i will smoke u .. then u ran out an got new turf tamers for the next weekend and nothing changed ..don,t for get the tires i was running the stock dominators that come with the ds and they suck .. all they do is dig holes .. an how did u bike go from not being rebuild from 75 hr to 130 .. where was i all that time ?????

jacks just making excuses like the rest of the yamaha people ..

bombthreat im out Message # 49527

by IrideA250R
my governor can beat up your governor.

Seriously tho, I'd like to see a 94 mph DS without some stupidly high gearing. All the DS's and rider's I've seen are usually fat guys trying to drag race, and all the 250R's and Banshee's go flying by. Always an exception to the rule, but I'd hate to see the guys wallet that spent the kind of money to make a DS fast. Message # 49547

by bombthreat187

iride your far off buddy .. first of if u have a 250r u probly have some cash dumped in it .. but for 2g,s i can make my bike a 703 ,60 somthing hp .so i would like to see all these shee, 250r,s and 400ex, fly buy me .. witch there arint doing now .. i have not seen a bike yet that would beat me.but if i do lose a race its never ever more then 1 or 2 bikes .. thats a bone stock ds ....

so put that in your pipe and smoke it .. iride250r ...

bombthreat 187
im out Message # 49599

by IrideA250R

I'm getting the next 440 motor that MP Racing puts out, its about half done right now. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

I've seen even mildly modified 250R's with stock cylinders absolutely kill stock DS's. Message # 49603

by bombthreat187

yea iridea250 where was the ds still on the trailer .lololol.. fool .. don,t get me wrong 250r,s a fast bikes .. but just because the ds hasn,t been around for ten years doesn,t mean its not fast .

like i steaded before ive never ever lost a race by more then 1or 2 bikes and thats if i lose .. im at about 75% for wins and 25% losses ..

thats still a bone stock bike ....

bombthreat187

im out

by Imbackformore
I guess bombthreat187 got one of those crazy fast stock quads lucky you...Anyway around here there are 4 DS 650 that ride with us from times to times and yes a stock DS beats a stock Banshee in a drag race weither it is on dirt or pavement the Ds wins.Now if you put some pipes on the Shee the Shee wins everytime infact none of the DS guys have won a single race vs a piped Shee all summer long on dirt and especially not on pavement where the piped Shees were destroying the DS 650s.

We also have a few guys that ride 250Rs, all of them are slightly modded (mild port jobs,pipes,head mods) but nothing comparable to a Polonda or an ESR 370 engine.The results were pretty much the same as they were with the piped Banshees the DS guys losing every races.With that said i can only come up with 2 conclusions,either we Banshee and 250R owners are great drivers and the 4 DS owners are very poor drivers (wich i doubght very much) or you simply bought the fastest stock quad that has ever been built.

By the way bomthreat187 60HP will not make you king of the drag strip or the hill for that matter if you think so then you are fooling yourself,of course it would allow you to win some races all depending on your opponents.If i am not mistaken the 703cc engine costs 2400$$ so if you race Banshees with the same amount of money spent on thier engines you will still get your butt kicked. Message # 49629

by IrideA250R
well put ImBackForMore, I couldn't agree with you more. Message # 49680

by bombthreat187

ok imback .i dont think its luck imback .. you say your ride with stock ds .. and the ds wins but u pipe the shee and it wins so pipe the ds and then what back to back again ..ill say this as for now people are getting some crazy *** hp out of shee,s but come on now they have been around for ten years .it about time u get some major hp out of them .. the ds are in there sec year an there already up to 70 rwhp .. theres a few bikes in the making any where from 100 to 150rwhp ..

as for me if i do get the 703 im not saying i will run any thing .. but im sure i won,t be seeing the tail end of many quads ..

im from ny there no dunes out here so i don,t see any of these crazy bad *** drag racers .. i see somehooket up shee,e but nothing that is that crazy .that i won,t race. jacks bike was sick ,, but where is it now ...

and what would one of Polonda or an ESR 370 cost u .. im sure its a nice chunk of change ????

bombthreat187
im out Message # 49713
by Imbackformore
The ESR 370 costs 2600$ but that includes the ESR pipe and silencer the 703cc engine costs 2400 but doesnt include pipe and silencer so i would say they cost about the same, i dont know how much the polonda engine costs, i am sure Iridea250r can tell us more on that.I have called ESR about their 370 engine ( a friend of mine is thinking about getting it for his 250R) and they told me to expect around 70 rwhp ot of it.

As for the piped Ds VS the piped Shees i havent seen it yet so i wont comment but it is not the point here.You said many times in this thread that you never lost to a piped Shee and even went as far as saying that you were beating your friend ported big bore Shee with your stock DS now come on... Message # 49748

by IrideA250R
first off, the Rotax engine that is in the DS has been around just as long as the Banshee, just because the quad hasn't been around, doesn't say anything.

The 389cc Polonda costs 2700 complete with ESR pipe and Mikuni Carb. Heck, Dave even breaks the engine in for you, and he's talking about making a jig to dyno test EACH AND EVERY engine before it goes out to the customer.

For the 250R guys looking for big bore power, I don't see how you can go wrong there. And of course, being a big bore, it has ample low end power to play ride with, yet still take names at the drag strip. Message # 49754

by bombthreat187

ok im back for more .. your right about not getting a pipe with it . the pipe right now thats making the best power gain and doesn,t fall aparton is the hmf slip on pipe .. its hard to belive but true .. thats only going for 189$.. but thats besides the point .. and i did state that i beat piped banshee,s in drags jack can speak for me there if not his brothers shee, my freinds shee,s .imback you must of read something wrong the only big bore banshee that iv seen rode or new was jacks from this site .. and i seen it out in the dirt one day .. we didin,t race but im not claiming i would beat him at all .. i better not beable to ...

bombthreat187
im out Message # 49765

by bombthreat187

ok iride .. the rotax motor has been around for awail .. but was tuned down a lot when it was put in the ds ..

i do respect your last part of your coment. im sure thats the way to go for a big bore kit ..

but also remember the ds also has a extra 150pounds over both of these bikes and its still running right next to or beating the shee,s or 250r ,, we could sit here all day long talking back and forth mine this and yours that .. the bottom line is u should never count out a ds . and state the ds are slow because one of these days its going to bite u in the ***..

so bottom line .. just go out and ride what ever bike u got with pride ..

bombthreat187
im out

by yoyo
yeah, i agree a ds-650 is a fast bike. noone saying its not. but what im saying is that an lt500 suzuki is the all time fastest stock for stock 4-wheeler out there today,, and it is quite old might i add. also, we have found out through trial runs that a yamaha banshee is the fastest bike through a distance of 50 to 60 feet. You can look up runs in 4-wheeler literature to see this proof also. the banshee has the fastest take off out of all bikes made today&gt;&gt;&gt;not top end..it hits the hardest of all bikes stock for stock&gt;&gt;&gt;In laymens terms Message # 49870

Old 01-04-2002, 07:17 PM
Pro Rider

ok im back .first off the hole reson i went in there was to mess around with my step brother . i was only stateing my past experiences and thatswhat u can see in the thread...

so take it for what ever u want .. i was just having fun .. so if that makes u mad imbackformore .. so be it ..

Old 01-04-2002, 07:45 PM

I am mad?...I think if you read all of my post weither they were made on BansheeHq or here you will see that i am pretty cool about all of this...

Old 01-04-2002, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider

imback you crack me up .. in your post here u said if any one was getting bashed its was the banshee owners ..are u tring to make us feel bad for u ..because u owen a banshee ????i don,t get u ..

im sorry if some one comes in here bashing ds people put them in there place .. i was just messing with jack ,, then i was just talking with outher people that put there 2cents in ..

one more thing your from can. so u should be happy where putting the word out about a bike that comes from can .. yea no .. well im done with u .imback. its been fun ....

bombthreat187

imout

Quick Reply: oh boy did i get some banshee owners pants ina bunch at the banshee hq forum