CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

2 place atv trailer?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2002, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone recommend a good brand of trailer(flat/utility type) that would haul at least 2 full size quads(ds's) from say , Dallas,Texas to Sand Mountain, Nv.? I'm looking.

Old 02-14-2002, 11:26 PM
Trailblazer

I don't know how common they are down in your area, but a 8 1/2 by 10 foot snowmobile trailer are used for hauling atv's all over MN. They are flat and have tilt beds for easy drive on and off. 2 atv's can ride side by side. A few manufactures are Triton, Sledbed, and Shoremaster. I think some of these companies have web sites, but I am unsure of there web site addresses. Good Luck.

Old 02-14-2002, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider

I picked up a PJ trailer, It is 80 inches wide by 12 feet long. It is a flatbed utility type trailer, with a side rail that is removable. I had a ramp for loading quads in my truck already, so I use that for loading. I can put 3 full size quads on there sideways. or two just drive them up straight on .

I paid right at about 900 dollars for mine. It also had a spare tire and they put whatever wiring I wanted on the end to hook to my truck. I think it was a pretty good deal.

I think big tex is also a name that runs in the same price range. I don't know how much you are looking to spend, but I am sure you can find something that will work.

Now, I do wish I had an enclosed trailer though. So if you could afford it, I would go enclosed. I could not afford it, so I got what would fit the need.

Bat

Old 02-14-2002, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, I want an enclosed one but, I will have to wait on that as well. Is PJ a local or national brand? Thanks for the info, Bat!

Old 02-14-2002, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider

bf, I bought mine in utah, I think they actually come out of texas. I am sure that is what they told me. It tows nicely and has come in handy for stuff other than the quads.

I am getting ready to tow it to dumont, about 650 miles each way. I have towed it a few hundred, but this is the farthest. I think it will be fine. It is a pretty nice trailer. When I get time, I will look and see if I can find out where they are made.

Bat

Old 02-14-2002, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks Bat, that's the kind of trailer I'm looking for.

Old 02-15-2002, 02:09 AM
Pro Rider

I have to agree on the snowmobile trailer idea. I have one 102" wide and 12' long and it hauls 4 quads with no problem. It's so light that I can pick it up myself and move it when needed, and it doesn't add much to you total towed weight. It's a tilt bed, so loading is easy, and it was only about $1000. How many other 4 place trailers are that light, that cheap, and that short[a huge advantage in traffic or off road].

Old 02-15-2002, 10:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Hey buttfungus texas is the trailer capitol of the world you have
H&H'BIG TEX'SIMPSIN 'WILLIAMS'AND THE LIST GOES ON I DON'T KNOW WHY BUT TEXAS SEEMS TO BE THE BEST PLACE TO GET TRAILERS.and a snowmobile trailer is the only way to go!!!!

Old 02-15-2002, 10:32 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks, AZSAND, that's one of my problems, there is too many choices down here. Oh, well I will just have to pick one. Thanks for the help!

Old 02-16-2002, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider

I also use a 8-1/2 x 10 foot snowmobile trailer. The quads sit side by side on it. It's low and tilts for easy loading. Yacht Club is the manufacturer of mine. It was bout $900 new in Wyomimg. The only thing I don't like is that it is a little wide for narrw roads. My next one (if not an enclosed one) would be where the quads load up in tandem; one behind the other instead of side by side.

Quick Reply: 2 place atv trailer?