CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Hurycne- how is the nos going?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2002, 12:40 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hurycne- Made any passes with the nos turned on? We are kicking around a few different ideas on the nos install of the raptor.

Old 02-24-2002, 12:59 PM
Pro Rider

14mins,
Where are you putting the fogger or foggers? I have seen them use an aluminum spacer plate(that mounts in between the head and intake manifold) that will accept the fogger/s
Just curious,sounds like you are going to have runner!
Jeff

Old 02-24-2002, 02:40 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Jeff- the shop that is installing the motor, talked about collars. This part (nos) is still in the early stage. I am going to do it for sure! Looking to have a clean looking install like yours. Trinity is building my motor now. For the money it cost to go fast, i could have my buick GN in the 9's. How many times have you ran the nos? How long on average duration? Approx how much hp. I doubt i want more than 10 hp. Having my quad down bites. I am looking for a back-up now, as i figure i will be neededing it in the future.

Old 02-24-2002, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider

14mins,
I have used the NOS on about 5 trips,the last time it worked the best,I also bought the NX bottle heater because keeping the pressure up in cold weather is a pain.I probably would of had it tuned in sooner but I took my time,any way where I ride there isn't much competition so really didn't need to use the NOS much.
I was using the NOS after going through the whoops,with out an extended swing at the time it just came on to hard I thought I would loop it in the rough stuff.I would hit the NOS in third then shift right away to 4th,then run it it about 4 or 5 seconds maybe less.NOS likes gears!! seems like you gain a gear.............Example if you top out on the hill in third you will now top out in 4th on NOS. It still doesn't feel right shifting up gears you couldnt use before,you keep thinking it will bog but instead it pulls like a mother!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I am running (2)18 hp NOS jets,not that much figuring I am pushing it into a 760cc motor

A back up is nice,I dont miss out on any riding but my friends (get even) and take advantage by roosting the hell out of me.
You will need the back up I found with more power = more broken parts
If you are like me you will push it to the limit[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Good Luck
Jeff

Old 02-24-2002, 08:16 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Jeff- thank you for the info. I am planning on installing the nos when my motor goes back in. I have been looking at controllers, timers etc. I really want to phase the nos in, instead of a burst. I want to have time to get up on the "bars". lol I doubt that i will use the nos to much, unless i am at a timed 1/8 mile track. Want a little prof of time/speed. Only fast quads around here are those pesky 'shee's. Hopefully my motor will be back this week. I hope the tranny stays together while i am waiting for fortin gears.

Old 02-25-2002, 01:33 AM
Pro Rider

I have it installed but have not ran it much. I am still dialing it in SLOWLY. I ran today and out ran all the 'Shees' in Muester so I saved the NOS for another day. I even took the bottle out to prove a point to some of them. BTW you will need the NOS to outrun me.