CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

End cap

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2002, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Biggerisbetter. I put my endcap on. That dude has some bark!!
Just wanted to let you know that the endcap is the shiznit... Thanks.

Old 03-04-2002, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider

Alright!...Not bad huh? Me likes end cap too!! Did you get the beast dialed in?

Old 03-04-2002, 01:31 AM
Pro Rider

I'm hopefully getting my jets tomorrow or Tuesday. My best friend knows the parts manager at the local dealership (not to mention that he's spent some cash in that place), so I'm getting a good deal on my parts purchases there. I just couldn't wait to put the cap on and start her up! I figured that it wouldn't do any harm.. Biggerisbetter rode with just the end cap for a long time so I figured a startup to see how she sounded wouldn't hurt at all.

Geez, I'm dying to ride on all of the snow that we've got here. It's about to get the best of me. The neighbors will just have to put their pillows over their heads and hate me! LOL!

Old 03-04-2002, 01:33 AM
Elite Pro Rider

BiggerISbetter- you are going to be the end all of endcaps. Need to put a log on them.

1. "if you can read this..."
2. "after she had "biggerISbetter" she never wanted the "big
gun" slipped on again.

Old 03-04-2002, 01:36 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah bigger is making me put his decals & phone # on my quad! LOL!

Old 03-04-2002, 04:23 AM
Range Rover

When I had only the end cap I beat a 2001 Raptor with an fmf slip-on by a few bike lengths.

Old 03-04-2002, 11:09 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hey Guys, Glad to here the Endcaps are kicking ****!!

SoonerDuner, I think the weather is going to get ALOT better this week,Well...Good enough to Rip-up some landscaping at your local riding area. Yea, she has some BARK now, But I think thats how a 650cc engine is supposed to sound(he he). I'm still going to toil around with some kind of Speark-arrester, Just to see if I can be successful at getting the noise level down and keep the HP/Torque gains up.

14mins, I really like that #2.

Biggerisbetter. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-04-2002, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider

BiggerisBetter I wouldnt mess with the spark arrester. To be any good it has to forest approved. I do have some ideas I will tell you about after working with Roostin's pipe. Kinda like a sonic filter.

Old 03-04-2002, 02:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

"sonic filter"? what the hades is that? The only reason I would mess with the "spark arester" would be for my own $hits and giggles and I would never want to pawn it for being "official" or anything like that. I would just like to see if I could come up with a system that moves the same amount of air differently thus causing the decibels to be lowered. Oh well just a thought, But I think it can be done though proccess of "trial and error'.

I think I need to say...noise reducer or something like that, becuase "spark arester" is really not my intentions.

Biggerisbetter.

Old 03-04-2002, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider

You could take the one from the original endcap. Find out a way to modify that one. I think the flow would stay because the hole is bigger. If you do the screens right on the orginial cap then it should quiet it down some. But like you said "that is what a 650 engine is supposed to sound..."