CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Need shocks for race.............help

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2002, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I am biting off a big one here,we entered the Terrible's Town 250.I am trying to get my Baja ready for it(2 weeks away)So far my only hold up is front shocks,Works told me 3 weeks!!yikes!!
Does anybody have another source with a shorter lead time?I have TimmyBoy chromoly a-arms shipping tommorow, IMS gas tank I hope in a week(thats what there telling me)Full skids from PRM.And I havent ordered tires and wheels yet(still deciding what to get)But I think I can get them with in a week.
Racerdude,my busisness partner(Nick)and I are going to split the riding, It should be a blast!
Open for suggestions for shocks.I will by used shocks if I have too.
Jeff
Bearman call me,I need a steering stem and heelguards[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

P.S.
My e-mail is down at work(virus I think)
My home e-mail is jeffjen@attglobal.net

Old 03-22-2002, 08:17 PM
Pro Rider

jeff

i can get you works (any style any setup ) with in a day ...tell me what you need and ill see if i can get them then we can overnight them ...they also will let you send them back if you need them revalved from the start .......jeff i ran the work's pros they work awsome ...works tends to over setup there shocks ......my recomendation is order if your weight is 180 order for a 150lb rider they are fully adjustable .....I also would not waste the money on getting rebound adj.
________biggy_____________

ps they added about 3" sag to the front .youll need to readjust the toe....

Old 03-22-2002, 08:33 PM
Pro Rider

Biggy,
I am 200lbs light and also was thinking/wanting the 5/8 shaft option w/remote rezzy's
Thanks
Jeff
Biggy Private message me a phone # Please

Old 03-23-2002, 08:59 AM
Pro Rider

sent ........

Old 03-23-2002, 12:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Jeff, Good luck! I hope you have alot of fun.

Biggerisbetter.

Old 03-23-2002, 12:04 PM
Pro Rider

Biggerisbetter,
Thanks I will need it!

Biggy,
I will give you a ring.
Thanks
Jeff

Old 03-23-2002, 01:27 PM
Pro Rider

Jeff, You'll be in my back yard! Let me know what I can do to help you. I've got one team there already, but they are proving to be less than worth the time and money I've put into them. If Biggy gets stalled on the shocks, I may be able to get you a loaner set, for the race. I'll help with chasing, fuel, and set up if you want, but I would like to put my name on the side if you don't mind. You've got the cam, pistons, clutch springs, and valve springs from me, I want to have a racer finish to show the reliability. What exhaust are you running? I'll try to call you this weekend, I'm out in the shop puttting motors together anyway.

Old 03-23-2002, 02:14 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks Don,
Bring on the decals!
I am going to put the yellow plastic on the Baja for the race,since the Baja plastic is new(dont want to ruin another set of Baja plastic again)
I am not to worried about the Baja holding up,more worried about the riders.....Hehehe.
Sounds like Biggy can get the shocks,if it falls through I will let you know.
I will probably put the Graydon exhaust on(the CT system is still to pretty)........you have a better idea?
Give me a call when you get a chance..........be great to see you there!
Do you know what the common wheel everbody runs? beadlocks or just re-inforcement rings?
Jeff

Old 03-23-2002, 07:25 PM
Pro Rider

Usually just ring wheels. Some will run rear beadlocks and one or two team run the beadlocks all the way around though. I'll bring along my fronts for extra spares if you need. You definately want to go as tall as you can with your tire choice. 23/22 front/rear is a minimum. Taller if you can.

Old 04-06-2002, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

Looks like Jeff finished 79 OA 5th in QA in a time of 7:07:26 and 36.92 MPH average. Congrats Jeff http://www.off-road.com/race/2002bitd/tt250/

Quick Reply: Need shocks for race.............help