CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

does anyone have the Armadilo out in back rack ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2002, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am considering getting one for my upcoming trip to the black hills and was wondering if anyone has it. It looks like a good unit and my budie just got one for his raptor. I like the idea of being able to cary spare gas and a cooler. My only concern is that the gas sits on the left side and that is where the exaughst is. Does the one for the ds have the gas holder on the left or is it far enough back that it dont bother? are there any other racks i should consider? I must be able to cary spare gas and a cooler because our rides are usaly around 110+ miles a day. Thanks for any info.

p.s. Post picks if you got them.

Old 05-15-2002, 03:15 AM
Range Rover

<< I am considering getting one for my upcoming trip to the black hills and was wondering if anyone has it. It looks like a good unit and my budie just got one for his raptor. I like the idea of being able to cary spare gas and a cooler. My only concern is that the gas sits on the left side and that is where the exaughst is. Does the one for the ds have the gas holder on the left or is it far enough back that it dont bother? are there any other racks i should consider? I must be able to cary spare gas and a cooler because our rides are usaly around 110+ miles a day. Thanks for any info.

p.s. Post picks if you got them.
>>

I have a PRM Cargo Rack that holds 2 one gallon gas containers as well as a cooler in the middle. I can send pictures to anyone interested in seeing it.

Old 05-15-2002, 07:52 PM
Pro Rider

hey 2000ds650 i would like to see that.
bkrukow@ncn.net
Thanks

Old 05-15-2002, 09:29 PM
Range Rover
Old 05-15-2002, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

I have the out-n-back rack. (cooler plus gas can). Very nice and fit was great. Bracket to move your tail light down and strong enough to stand on. Only - to it is that you can not lift it on it's tail now.

Old 05-16-2002, 03:03 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

the PRM cargo rack can be seen at their site : www.prm-atv.com $125 without cans, $150 with cans and straps.

Newdslover - about the out-n-back rack - is the gas can on the left, behind the pipe, or on the other side?

Old 05-16-2002, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider

Me and everyone I ride with have the out n bak. It's a great rack but I bent mine the first tme I rolled it.

Old 05-16-2002, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

Again like i origonaly asked and several others after what side is the gas on? The left behind the exaughst or the right?

Old 05-16-2002, 09:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'm not riding with a gas can behind my pipe. The likelyhood of a non-arrested spark setting of a fuel leak is one in a million, but its those one in a million chances that end up making a person feel dumb if it does ever happen. Its too easy to not be in that kind of situation.
I'll call PRM as soon as I can, and get an answer from them. I sure would assume that they put the can on the right, because most other bikes have the pipe on the right and their racks have it on the left.

Old 05-17-2002, 01:18 AM
Pro Rider

<< Fourlix has one, but he seems to have &quot;found religion&quot; and rarely post on this site anymore.

3TV
>>

Praise the lord and pass the gasoline!!
Hey! I've been busy! A small Tornado took 3,800 square feet of roof off my barn/shop and I'm rebuilding. It wasn't a very good roof, but there was a lot of it. Beams, joists, tin all went. IT took off like a house in Kansas headed for OZ. I'm rebuilding in steel, the old wood and tin roof is stacked in heaps in the street. No Insurance. I'm having a second barn raising on Sunday. I am the only person in the southwest praying for NO rain. I can't go on vacation till it's done. IF the monsoons hit and I don't have this roof done, well, 150 year old adobe buildings will turn to mud. Hell yeah, give me some religeon. Anything that will help me get this huge roof back on.
The Armadillo Out 'n Back Rack is way better on the DS than the Raptor. The mounting bolts are farther apart so it is much stronger than on the Raptor, and Yes, The Gas can is on the right hand side, OPPOSITE the exhaust. You can barely squeeze a Coleman cooler into it, then the top is even with the top of the seat. Very Slick. Send me your e-mail address and I will send you a pic. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: does anyone have the Armadilo out in back rack ?