CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS650 Pacing at the Indy500??????

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2002, 08:57 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey. I have searched Indy500.com, IndyStar.com, Bombardier's website with no results. Can't find a dad-burn thing, dangit. Would love to find out more about the DS650 pacing the race. Sounds really cool. By the way, who is Greg Rowe? Never heard of him.

Thanks.

Old 05-25-2002, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

Greg Row is one of the best desert racers on an ATVhttp://www.atvbajatours.com/ His team won the Baja 2000.

Old 05-26-2002, 09:47 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

https://atvconnection.com/atvconnect...ponsorship.cfm

The above is the only online info I've found, the top left of the screen is a link to a picture of the pace quad at Pheonix. Aside from this, the Indianapolis Star is the only source of info I've came across. it did confirm a pace quad for the 500.

Greg Rowe's also gave Bomb all the input for the DS Baja upgrades. he's on their payroll now.

Old 05-26-2002, 11:43 AM
Trailblazer

Thank you, Hightower. I wanted to ask you, did you buy your DS at Greenfield Motor Sports? My wife seems to have taken a liking to the ScramblerX so that means that I need another ride. I was considering the Cannondale becoz it's a sport quad. However, the DS650 is still a very real possibility. What is your impression of the overall performance of your DS?? I do a lot of trail-riding, creek-crossing and moderate hill-climbing. I also do some drag-racing (with my buds)at Haspen. Do you think the DS would be a fit for this type of riding?

Old 05-26-2002, 12:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Every bike is nice, its all a matter of preference between DS, Cannondale, and Raptor. I'm really tall so the DS was the only choice for me. If I wasn't, I'd have a hard time choosing between the three too.
My impression of the DS could not be better. Its long, wide wheelbase makes its the most stable quad there is, perfect for hill climbs. Its got the highest ground clearance of all, so rocky creeks are no problems. The HP is absolutely amazing, nothing feels like it. No better drag bike, because the long wheelbase makes it easy to keep the front down, and there's no higher HP 4-stroke out of the box.

I ride Haspin alot, and the DS loves it there. The wide stance makes it plow on up rutted trails that other quads high-center on, because the tires don't follow the same ruts - they overlap! This is the up-side to trail riding, the downside is some trails can be a little narrow between trees. This is rarely the case though. Way more pros than cons here...
On the subject of no reverse - ride smart, not backwards - the object is to go forward! LOL. I've never had a sport machine with reverse (many ATC's, DS, etc.), don't even really know what its for.

Come out to badlands June 15 and take it for a spin....

No, I didn't get it from Greenfield - although I did buy an Arctic Cat from them. There's a place in Coldwater, MI that sells them way cheaper, and sales tax free - Planet Powersports. Get an Indiana Auto and RV mag from the gas station. I'll never buy another quad in Indiana...

Old 05-26-2002, 01:04 PM
Range Rover

the race just started and no DS pace quad
only a corvette so whats the deal

Old 05-26-2002, 01:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Wow, that's wild. What is the deal? Its been planned on for months....and paced other IRL races, pictures on the net of it...

Old 05-26-2002, 02:06 PM
Pro Rider

Whoever started the rumor on the DS being a pace quad, really should check with their sources before posting stuff. Just my 2 cents, Hightower I understand that it was planned, but people should verify everythign first.

Old 05-26-2002, 03:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

A guy that works with Bomb came on this forum a while back and confirmed the DS pace quad. It is not a rumor, it has paced elsewhere. This, combined with the picture posted above, the article in the Indy Star, and Bomb's name being all over the track, seemed reason enough to post what seemed to be an interesting thread. Sorry if anybody was inconvenienced.

Old 05-26-2002, 04:40 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry, Hightower, I didn't mean to be yelling or to upset you at all. I understand how easy it would've been to be convinced it would be pacing the 500. No hard feelings

Quick Reply: DS650 Pacing at the Indy500??????