CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

WOODS 45mm CARB???

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2002, 10:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what kind of power does this carb make? also can you use the stock cable or does it come with one? i just got rid of a 46mm lecton and im looking for a good carb that i can dail in and not have to touch again.also how much does it sell for? can someone tell me alittle bit about it?

Old 06-01-2002, 11:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Chop - what didn't you like about the Lectron? I'm considering getting one.

The 45mm Mikuni sells for around $300. RWR sells a kit with it, throttle cable and throttle, and ported intake manifold for around $600.

Old 06-01-2002, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider

If you only have a pipe and a CDI box and filter, I would only recomend the 42mm carb. The 45mm will work in your case, but it will only work with high RPM's. You sacrafice the low end when you go with the larger carbs. The stock cable will not work with the 45mm carb.

For those that have the extra mods, I saw on Sudcos site that they have a 48mm race carb. It is just about the same as the 42mm, and the 45mm. But I would only recomend it to the 703 or bigger bikes.

James

Old 06-01-2002, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider

the thing ran great,but it got to where it was sticking real bad.have you got a phone # on the mikuni and i need everything except the intake,mine has already been ported.does RW have a price and parts page? you may not have any problem.thanks.

Old 06-01-2002, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

What do you mean by sticking? Like the throttle was sticking? Just curious as I was thinking about going with the Lectron but I do think that the stock 42 is suficient for a 650cc quad. Mine runs very well with the stock carb. Jeff with his modded Baja might have starving it some with his stock carb but wasn't sure. Just thinking out loud sorry.

Old 06-01-2002, 11:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Demon - I'm getting the Lectron not for size increase, but because I want a flat slide non-CV carb with no diaphrams. My bike does run great with the stock carb too, I just want more simplicity, so I figured if I'm gonna get a new one, might as well go 44mm so have room to grow! It either gonna be it or a Mikuni TM, not positive yet.

Old 06-02-2002, 01:44 AM
Trailblazer

does anyone know how much power increase if any between the 45mm rwr carb and the twin fcr flatslide carbs. i might get those and sell my 45mm rwr carb and k&n filter

Old 06-02-2002, 02:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Hey chop i have all 4 carbs listed so far here.i am curently running the dual fcr's but the ron woods setup is my favorite the stock is all right until you start mods and the lectron well lets just say that carb won't cause any more problems for any one!!!too tempermental for me but i showed it a real temper!
whap!!! hole in the old shop wall no more carb problem's. no seriously it did not react to heat well.And i live in arizona not a good combo.

Hey: marky i did exp.some low end hesitation at frist with the woods setup but we did get it tune out to perfection!

Old 06-02-2002, 02:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

While we're at it here - how about a comparison between the stock 42BSR and a TM42, from those of you who may have it or know somebody who does.

Also, I noticed recently that Mikuni is making a new carb with a single fuel circuit, similiar to the way the lectron works, but currently is only offered in 38mm - from what I've seen anyway. Maybe this type of fuel circuit is becoming the wave of the future...sounds like it needs some perfecting though - in the interest of garage walls!!LOL

So the TM45 does well on bottom with the accelerator pump...I will have to really give it more consideration before I buy anything. I'd hate to get the lectron and run into the same issues as AZ or Chop.

Old 06-02-2002, 11:49 AM
Pro Rider

If you have somebody that can fabricate a throttle cable bracket you could try the Edelbrock QwikSilver. Just make sure you get one with the accelerator pump on the left side and throttle wheel on the right side.

Quick Reply: WOODS 45mm CARB???