CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Riding at St Joe's July 6

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2002, 04:29 PM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got a group of riders and racers going Sat July 6.
Look us up. White 36ft tralior and black Dodge duely. Bikes that should be there are some Raptors ,LT500,Bombardiers,and 400exs.

Daren is any of your group going?

J Ross

Old 06-27-2002, 08:43 PM
Pro Rider

Jeff,

I don't know if I'll be able to go or not. If I had to bet, I would say probably not. The wife and I just got home from the hospital with our new baby boy. Things have been very busy. We were up at the hospital from 6 pm Sunday until 3 pm today (Thurs). The wife had to have a C-section and it'll be a while before she is back to 100%.

My Banshee is not in running condition right now. Clutch is gone and I plan to order new plates tomorrow. It should be back to running condition by the 6th though.

I don't know if I'll be off work or not. It will be a busy weekend at work since all the higher seniority guys will be taking vacations and other guys will be sick, if you know what I mean. I'll see how it looks and let you know as it gets closer. The RR gets pretty upset when they don't have any engineers to run their trains.

Anyways, Jason would probably take his Raptor out there. I'll point him to this thread.

Talk to you later,

Daren

Old 06-27-2002, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider

Congrads on the new baby. Glad to hear evey things alright. Tell Jason and let me know.
J Ross

Old 06-27-2002, 10:35 PM
Ang
Range Rover

I will do my best to get there. Work has been taking a lot of my time, I have a big project that is planned to be online by december and the bids are still not out. Are there going to be any races at bonne terre friday and saturday? Should be a big weekend
Scott

Old 06-27-2002, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider

I'm not sure about Bonne Terre but I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding a race at St Joes. LOL My brotherinlaw would rather race than eat. I'm going to try to have my NOS bike running by then. My brotherinlaws brotherinlaw is about to get his Raptor lined out. He put a piston,cam,and did some porting. Maybe I can keep up with my Stage 1,we will see. Scott did you ever get you NOS lined out?
J Ross

Old 07-01-2002, 07:59 PM
Ang
Range Rover

I think I have worked out all of the known problems. I ordered a new barnett clutch, hope to have it in before next weekend we will see. I wonder if anyone knows what it takes to put the thumb throttle back on the carb that comes with the stage 2. I will call RWR tomorow if I get time.
Still trying, Scott

Old 07-02-2002, 02:34 PM
Trailblazer

Jeff I'll go if you give me an approxiamte time to be there. Last time I went there to spy I got there way to early. This time I will be prepared. I will have my paddles this time. I have a project going too. So you better watch out. I'm going to beat you one of these days. But anyways let me know. By the way this is Jason.

Old 07-02-2002, 07:20 PM
Pro Rider

Hello everyone,

I should have my new clutch plates tomorrow. I seriously doubt that I'll be off work, but if I can sneak out there for even just a couple of hours I will.

Jason, did you ever get the nitrous lined out on your Raptor? I was just wondering how well it was working with your newly ported race-cammed 660? Is the starter able to turn over that 12.5:1 compression JE piston? How did the wheely bar work out on your Raptor? LOL!!!

Hope to see you guys out there.

Daren

Old 07-02-2002, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Guys
Don't get me pumped up any more than I already am. I have such a blast a St Joes that I usely can't sleep the night before I go.

Jason, NOS on a Raptor? You are looking to work on yours as much as I work on mine. LOL Win ,Lose ,or Draw,as long as I get to race. I plan on bringing both DS's, that way you can get your evens on me.
I think were planing to get there about 9 ish give or take 30 miniutes. That way we can get parked with that long trailor.

Ang if you need an extra throttle cable I keep them I stock.I assume you mean a TM45 to a thumb throttle. Just let me know.

Daren have you put the nitromethane with the turbo on your bike yet? That would make it a baddddd boy. LOL (like its not already) Hope you make it. Hows that baby?

I don't have the new DS tuned yet. I will probably need a few passes to get it dialed in. I'll bring my bottles just in case I do. LOL

J Ross

Old 07-02-2002, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider

Nothing done to my Banshee. Just supposed to get the new clutch plates tomorrow. I need to do more to it, but the only bottles I'm seeing in the future are filled with formula!

Baby and wife are doing very well. I'm very excited about my little boy and so is the wife. Maybe a "tuned" Suzuki 80 in a couple years?

I hope you guys have fun Saturday. I would like to be there, but I'm very doubtful since work is already short on manpower due to the holiday. We'll see as it gets closer.

Happy 4th of July!
(Jeff no Fireworks from the Ds!)

Daren

Quick Reply: Riding at St Joe's July 6