CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Z vs DS

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2002, 06:14 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sat on a Suzuki 400 last night and here are my impressions:
· Nice looking quad
· Looks pretty sturdy
· Seems pretty light

If I was in the market for a new quad, I think it would be at the top of the list. I know the DS would smoke it but I think I would feel like I was a better rider on the Z. I had a blaster before which made me feel like the greatest rider on 4 wheels because I felt like I had total control. Without actually riding it, I feel like the Z would feel the same way. If I get in trouble with the DS, I feel like it’s all over. I do bet that the DS rides a lot nicer, has more *****, and is more durable.

Old 07-18-2002, 08:54 PM
Pro Rider

I almost went crazy trying to decide between the DS,Raptor,and Z. I ruled out the Raptor first. Then for weeks and weeks I went back and forth between the DS and Z. I know they are 2 totally different quads, but at my age of 38,I wasn't sure which I would be doing more of, mx'ing or just riding down by the river in the sand. I raced motocross regularly for years, which made me want the Z. I wanted the big, powerful DS for the stability and speed. I rode both several times before making my mind up. I bought a 2002 Baja DS650 and absolutely love it . All 3 quads I looked at and tested were great in their own ways. I feel as if I made the right decision for me and am looking forward to Trinity developing more and more for my new Baja! I already have a pipe on the way!

Boxman

Old 07-18-2002, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider

Great choice Boxman. I don't think there is one person who has bought a Baja DS that hasn't liked it. They are truly superior machines (in my eyes). Have fun with it. Wish I could order the Trinity pipe, now I'm jealous.

Old 07-18-2002, 09:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Hey duzzdsm if it feels good go with it the z400 is a nice ride too.the ds is not for every one.and yes it is a bitch to kicker her off you when you get upside down.