CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

GPS?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2002, 06:59 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried the Aloop.com site and it says they no longer sale GPS units. it was updated July 5th.

Old 07-31-2002, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider

I had my Garmin GPS II plus hardened by Aloop, didn't find out about it untill after buying the GPS from GPScity.com, it never blinks or resets, if your interested I'll bet if you call they will harden your GPS for you, I think it cost either $20 or $30. Don't forget to use the tape trick on your batterys, I'm putting in a cig lighter with a cap to run it from the quads 12V
Aloop site
lilnotts the pics have been sent

Old 08-01-2002, 03:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Bombastic,

I go to Hungry Valley now and then as it's only 30 minutes away from me in Santa Clarita. I know exactly what you mean about the morons being out on the weekends there, you see them in truckloads with only the cheapest most beat looking machines they can find! During the summer we try and do some 'afternoon trips' to avoid some of the heat (get there about 3pm-ish, & ride till dark then go home.) I have a Garmin GPS 12 mounted in a RAM mount on the handle bars and I think if you go that route you'll either want to get your GPS 'hardened' or just use the 12v adapter.

That new GPS unit you're talking about sounds really nice, it would be interesting to see how well it can 'beam' your position to your friends across terrain. I've noticed alot of the advertised ranges for similar products tend to get shorter when used in the hills etc.

Old 08-02-2002, 12:00 AM
Trailblazer

I would call Aloop. Its worth it if they still sell them.