CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

2 questions only

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2002, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1st question. Sand tires for my Baja, front and rear. Which ones do you guys like the best, and why? K&N or Uni air filter? I like my K&N now but how well does it hold up? I have heard some bad reports of K&N's, and I wonder if there is that much, if any, of a performance advantage. Any and all advice is appreciated!

Old 08-03-2002, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider

A friend of mine is a motorcycle mechanic and also races enduro. He told me that K&N's are High Flow Filters (as indicated on the box) that let a lot of air through, there for letting more dirt through than other filters. He recamends puting a outerware on the K&N witch defeats the purpose of the high flow. What he told me made sense. I have been running K&N filters in everything. I never seen any dirt in my intake track. He is also using his bike a lot harder then I ever will. Anyway he likes Uni or Twin air filters over K&N.

Paddles: For the front, I like the real Razorbacks from STU, there lighter than the knock-offs and made in the USA. For rear Skat Trac Haulers, I don't do much sand duneing but when I do, I use this set up. I'm happy with it.

-OrganDonor-

Old 08-04-2002, 09:10 PM
99x
Weekend Warrior

Hey Box, its Randy hoover.

Man Im tellin ya UNI air filter.

Aight now for the front GBC 21x7x10 shark fin
for the rear 22 inch 10 paddle haulers and you're hooked up like ohtsu's on asphalt.

But box, what are you plannin on doin drag racing and playing? if so the haulers.

But if your not gonna drag race much i still have the sand skates im tryin to sell.

Brandon Bettis (QUADMAN650) just bought these haulers and if you went to the river today you saw his bike hook.

basically if you can spare the extra $$ get the haulers if your a little short and it doesnt matter which tire you use i got sand skates but if it was my choice i'd buy haulers.Bein truthful.