CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Water Temp. Gauge

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2002, 11:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I've been on vacation for a week or so, so I'm trying to get caught up on verything. Anyways I know a few of you have the ESR Water Temperature Gauge, but I have come across a new one that cost's a mere 34.95 plus shipping compared to the outrageous 80.00 of the ESR unit. It also has color codings that go along with the temperatures making it very easy to glance down and notice trouble. I'm sure someone has beat me to finding it but I just thought I would let everyone know. Warp Drive Performance

Old 08-25-2002, 01:06 PM
Pro Rider

i noticed that it only went up to 220, i thought the red light came on at like 232 or something like that, but i could b wrong

Old 08-25-2002, 05:12 PM
Pro Rider

Looks more like something you would use when cooking a turkey [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
It would be nice if they had more pictures of it to see the quality of the gauge and the housing.

The ESR guage is all aluminum and the guage itself is liquid filled.
Does't look like the heatseaker is liquid filled.

You get what you pay for.

Old 08-25-2002, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider

Do not get the Warp Drive.

I just took mine off.

After awhile you can turn the unit but the needle will stay in place.

For instance if it says 80* you can turn the dial to make it read 70*.

UNRELIABLE.

I replaced mine with an inline cooler.

Old 08-25-2002, 10:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Your gauge needs a range to 250, because the red warning light comes on at 239 degrees, so anything less hasn't much value. I talked to warp drive about that, they didn't care, said no motor in the world can handle 239 degrees without damage. I told them they need to learn more about what they do before they try to sell stuff, in a polite and tactful manner of course. I totally lost them when I started talking nicasil cylinder coating.

I got the ESR, love it, very reliable, and the gauge is replacable without removing the housing. If the housing had fins, it would double as a super-cooler!

Old 08-26-2002, 11:24 AM
Pro Rider

Guys, I don't have DS but as far as I'm concerned you can go 2 routes with the temp gauge. The ESR is a nice sturdy looking unit while the Warp drive gauge doesn't look as solid. Of course one costs twice what the other does. On my Banshee I just built my own, see how here: http://www.wyoduner.com/mods.htm

it cost about $10 for everything and if the gauge breaks I can always slip another one in 5 minutes at a cost of about $5. I have a spare gauge just in case. I installed it so that you can read it while riding. It only goes to 220 but hey, if it gets that hot I'm stopping for a while anyway. Just my $.02 on the subject, maybe somebody will find it helpful. This has been on since the beginning of the year and is holding up fine so far.

Oh, also if you decided to cook a turkey you can pull it out and use it for that too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Vegas, they are actually are supposed to be able to turn so you can "calibrate" them. A little hokey but that's the deal. There is a little nut that you should be able to tighten to keep the face steady.

Old 08-26-2002, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry about the misinformation guys. Must've virated lose like everything else.

Anyway, I think I still have it if someone wants it.

What I would really like to do is put a real gauge on like the one guy did with the oil pressure. If we could only find a sending unit that ws compatable.

I'd move my oil and neutel lights and mount it in the dash next to the tach.