CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Baja Lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2002, 04:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed a 55/100w Xenon bulb in my main light and its great. Even though the manual says the 2 side lights are 55w they are actually only 35w. I was thinking about replacing the 2 side lights to 55w Xenon bulbs. So with my High beams on, all my head lights will be drawing 210w out of 290w that the stator puts out (above idle). I am also running a LED tail light which frees up a few watts but not much. Do you think I will be over drawing the system if I upgrade the 2 side lights?

Old 09-08-2002, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider

Majorecho got one of those lights and it didn't even last one ride. The highbeam went out on it. Flippen expensive peice of junk, it was the offroad bulb too. I had a stock bulb in mine and the high beam had been out for awhile and then the low beam went out too the first night there(Sand Mtn. labor day). Jetsnow hooked me up with a light and saved the day, or I should say night LOL. Wish there was a really reliable light out there somewhere. If someone knows of one.....speak up man.

Old 09-09-2002, 03:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

DemonDS,

There have got to be some minor factory differences or something between machines. I certainly haven't babied mine, and none of my lights have burned out. I often ride during the day with the lights on, so it couldn't even be a use/non-use thing. I wonder if some of the lights are mounted tigher than others.

Old 09-09-2002, 01:22 PM
Range Rover

You should have no problem running your setup.
The 290w stator can handle the 210w very easy.

I switched my main to a 55/100w two years ago and it's still running strong. I've never had a bulb go bad.
I recently installed the Baja Light Kit w/ the twin 35w lights and no problem either.

I'm now installing twin 55w handlebar lights (TrailTech) and I'll be at 280w with everything on. The Trailtech's will have a separate switch.
I may have to go down on my main (back to stock) or reduce the wattage on the Trailtech lights to 35w each as I think I'll be pushing it running everything. I'll be taking some extra lower wattage bulbs on my naxt night ride (Glamis) just to make sure.

I questioned Bombardier about how much voltage the DS needs to keep running as well as how much should go back in the battery. They didn't have an answer. I guess it's trial & error.
Ricky Stator didn't have a good answer either. BTY R.S. can't bump the stator up. It's already at max.
Maybe someone else knows what the max wattage, we can run, should not exceed.