CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Font end collision! Need parts!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2002, 09:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, I got screwed today big time!
I was at Little Sahara Ut. earlier today with my son and we were putting around( he's only 7 and doesn't have a real fast bike-yet)and this young kid on a dirt bike, on the wrong side of the trail, with no flag, hauling like no tomorrow ran right into me head on. I was practically stopped when he hit me and had no time to jump out of the way it happened too fast. The impact threw me off my bike and tore up my front end. He destroyed my armadillor XC bumper bent both upper and lower a-arms and bent my front right shock into a pretzel around the arms. The frame around the light is bent up and this is just the damage I can see with out taking everything off! The kicker is he's not insured and I'm just carrying liability[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
The dirt bike had a few scratches on the shock cover- that's it !! and I thought I had the tank... what's up with that, he drove off with nothing wrong with his bike.

So- does anybody have upper and lower stock arms and the shock for the right side of the bike they want to sell for cheap?( the right side if you're on the bike) Anybody that may have upgraded a-arms or shocks?
let me know if you can help me out
thanks

Old 09-21-2002, 09:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a set of A arms on ebay. I had an almost identical experience. Young guy on a 400ex, flying, wrong side of the trail, no insurance, he went away almost unscaved, my polaris 400 was totaled. Remember, the weight of the vehicle is not as NEARLY as important as the speed. E=M(C*C) The speed is the factor that is squared!

Old 09-21-2002, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

Bummer major [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I dont have any spare parts as of now. So you just let the kid leave? You didnt go meet with his parents or anything, he is liable. I would be pissed!!!!

Old 09-21-2002, 10:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

i had a little kid pull out in front of me around a blind corner, he was on a full size quad and he just stopped,i was trying to catch up to my son and his friend on their 2 stroke dirtbikes,i was on a suzuki 350 thumper dirtbike, i was into the corner when he popped up i paniced and locked my front brake and the bike slung me off the oppisite side i was leaning into, landing on my head and forarm.after i quit seing stars and was able to resume breathing i desided to start driving quads instead.LOL IM JUST GLAD I HAD ON MY HELMET!!!!!!!!
there was a huge gash on my helmet,i learned a lessen,stay up with the pack!!!!ha ha

Old 09-21-2002, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

Jetsnow- he was there with a friend, his dad apparently owns a law firm in Salt Lake City - I have his contact info -it will be interesting.

Old 09-21-2002, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

dont get your hopes up of getting him to pay for it if his dad is a lawyer [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] He will find some little law or something that says its your fault, should have gotten a written statement. Anybody else see the crash besides your son? Sean

Old 09-22-2002, 03:04 AM
Pro Rider

Holy Sheeet!!!

First and formost, Are you OK? Man I would say you had some big time problems. And I thought my bad day with the NOS was a kicker. I didn't get to see this until now. Well it looks like it's time to do some of those handeling mods you have been talking about. I know at one time Jeff had some A-arms, you may want to PM him. If that kid or his almighty daddy dont pay up do you want me to brown bag his(dad) ****? be glad to do it, I need to let off some steam LOL. Did Big J manage to stay clear of the carnage? Hope you and my lil bud are ok. When I get to work on Monday were going to have to clock out were going to have so much to talk about...and non of it is possitive WTH? Sorry to hear the news.

Todd

Old 09-22-2002, 10:36 AM
Pro Rider

Ya everybody was ok no injuries besides a bruised shin( thru my boots- go figure) fortunately Big J was about 100ft behind me and I was already on my feet when he arrived, I shudder to think what would have happened if he had been out in front. I guess there is a lesson in this for everyone involved.
Be safe out there guys!

Old 09-22-2002, 09:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

ME mon 602-262-4225 0r 602-763-4405 RICHRAD

Old 09-22-2002, 09:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Sorry about the spelling i can't see what im typeing!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Font end collision! Need parts!!