CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Alba upper A-arms

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2002, 02:19 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everything I read talks about the "twitchy" steering on the DS.

Has anyone bought the Alba upper A-arms to fix the problem?

Do they work? Do they change the castor and slow the steering?

Or, is a steering stabilizer enough?

Thanks.

Old 09-22-2002, 07:48 PM
Range Rover

I have both the uppers and a Denton stabilizer . Try a set of dofferent front tyres first ....I use Razors , they made a difference , then I put the Alba a arms on and they made it better again . The steering Dampner is only for those nasty rocks and the like that seem to come out of nowhere.

Definately wouldn't change anything now !

Pro Kiwi

Old 09-24-2002, 05:08 PM
tbr
Weekend Warrior

I WOULD RECOMEND THE +0+1 ARMS TO CORRECT THIS PROBLEM THAT THE DS HAVE
WE BUILD THESE ARMS

TBR PRODUCTS
BRYAN MEYERS
619-258-0834

Old 09-24-2002, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider

As you can tell by my sig that I run alba a-rms. Upper and lower. Also a steering damper.
I agree with 1prokiwi on the steering damper. I even took it off once and couldn't tell the difference with or with out it. But I bought it so I put it back on.
The a-arms have been the best money i've spent so far. There is almost no terrian out there that i can't just fly through now and with no worries.
In case you didn't know. The Alba a-rms are American Star Racing A-Arms.

Old 09-24-2002, 11:01 PM
Trailblazer

The twitchiness goes away when you adjust the shocks to your weight and change the front tires. I put Holeshot 22x7x10 xc's on the front and I'd say most of the twitchiness went away. Save your money and put it towards something else. I really don't see the need to change the A arms while your sitting there with under-performing tires.

01 DS Black
Graydon full exhaust
Graydon nerfs
Holeshots F&R
K&N w/outerwears
removed graffics

Old 09-25-2002, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider

<< I WOULD RECOMEND THE +0+1 ARMS TO CORRECT THIS PROBLEM THAT THE DS HAVE >>

In the &quot;what a-arms&quot; thread you recommended +0+0 a-arms to correct twitchy steering also. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Which is it?

Old 09-26-2002, 02:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

It was the +0+1 arns, Bryan typo-ed.

Old 09-26-2002, 02:21 AM
Pro Rider

I have both..TBR(+0+1) and American star(+1+1)The american upper and lower are a fully ajustable..the TBR, just the uppers are fully ajustable...
My thoughts are...do you really need fully ajustable upper an lower a-arms? Seems to me the American Star's are harder to set up,but they all have Heim joints instead of ball joints(TBR)..you make the call.
I like both...and have had no problems with either.I run the Graydon steering dampner too (mostly for the desert)

Is TBR up and running again?

Jeff

Old 09-26-2002, 03:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Are the A-Arms in question upper only, or upper &amp; lower combo? What is TBR selling these for now? I also heard they were going to change them a little and make them better, any truth t this, if so, whats new?

Old 09-26-2002, 07:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

From what I know the new TBR setup will continue to have the adjustable heim joints on the uppers, where the difference will lie is where the arms connect to the spindle, they used to use standars ball joints, but now they are going to switch to a chrome-moly spherical heim in the bottom of the spindle similar to Roll arms. Also they have improved their jigs so the quality and tolerances will be improved. As soon as I can I'll post a pic of the old and new. P.S. I know firsthand that TBR has and continues to test and refine their products for the DS as Bryan and Ryan both have them. Stay tuned.

Quick Reply: Alba upper A-arms