CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Another WIN for the DS

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2002, 12:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I was in Wall-Mart last night(I was forced),but anyway I figured I hadn't seen a DirtWheels or 4Wheel ATV action in awhile so I stopped to read them, And low and behold the DS wins another Endurance Race ,and it being a totaly stock Baja,with a slip-on! It said that the team had just got the quad and only had a few hours riding time on it, but they still managed to put 6 or 7 laps on the 2nd place quad(modified banshee).

SOOOOO, I guess the "yellow tank","school bus",or what ever people like to call the DS, is still kicking ****'s and taking Trophy's.

Biggerisbetter.

P.S. Oh, and their wasn't a Rappy in the top ten,but their were 3 DS's ![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]LOL!

Old 10-08-2002, 12:58 PM
Pro Rider

Makes you feel proud, dosnt it

Old 10-08-2002, 02:58 PM
Pro Rider

I know which one your talking about. That is pretty cool. It said that after a while it was nothing but a whoop fest. In those long distance races like that reliabilty and the suspension is what wins I think. But if you also have power, thats even better. I rode Jeff's race winning Baja and man i fell in love with that things suspension. I could fly over whoops. It was soft yet controlled. simply awesome.

Old 10-08-2002, 03:45 PM
Pro Rider

Speaking of whoops..... Anyone have any methods for going over them at high speeds. Sometimes I will come close to eating it but I do sort of a nose dive. I try to sit far back but it still happens.

Old 10-08-2002, 04:09 PM
Pro Rider

TCS Shocks

Old 10-08-2002, 07:43 PM
Range Rover
Default Another WIN for the DS

Bill..Cool bike. Gotta love that LT500R. I had one but sold it because I have a bum right hip and couldn't give it the manly kick they need to start it. Ir had a Trinity stage IV kit. Otherwise was pretty stock. That's why I decided to go to the DS650. Very similar in size. I went to a Banshee because even I could kick it over. Is a nice bike too. I sold my Banshee to my daughter and her husband. Pretty crafty. That way I can get it and ride it whenever I want. Nice DS...Dean [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-09-2002, 12:46 AM
Pro Rider

Oh, Okay...now were believing the stuff we read in Dirt Wheels...such pretty lies![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]LMAO

Old 10-10-2002, 06:26 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Bill, in all honesty... what wins the race, the modified DS, or the mostly stock LT500?
Ive never had the pleasure of racing a DS. (although Ive eaten a few Raptors)

Thanks man, nice bikes.

see mine here

Old 10-10-2002, 10:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

LOL! doesn't "mostly stock" and "modified" mean the same thing????LOL!

I have a DS (stock), with a carb,and a modified endcap. I guess I could call it "mostly stock"LOL! and I ran the 1/8 mile agianst a LT500,(pipe,carb,fresh top end) and we were running pretty much the same times. I put up a better time, even though his 60' times were always better. My ds was running 72mph consistantly, and his LT wasn't able to pull but 70mph(max) mostly 68 or 69 mph. SO I was actually running him down and passing him to put up a better ET.

Too make along story short, In the real world, a couple hundredths a of second could not be seen, SO the race would be pretty much dead even.

Biggerisbetter.