CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS 830

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2002, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS 830

I heard something about a DS830 kit if its true who will make it, and what kind of HP will it be.

Old 10-16-2002, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider
Default DS 830

Sam Coe has one in the works. They are still testing.

Old 10-16-2002, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default DS 830

Matt @samco says they are about 30 days out from having the prototype up and running.
It will have a 105mm bore(sleeved) and a 96mm stroke(stock is 83) it will be a real torque monster IF it works out. They have had custom head gaskets made and Matt said they are already in house( in case someone wants one)The next few weeks will be interesting indeed. Price is expected to be a few hundred more that the 720 kit.

Old 10-16-2002, 10:46 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default DS 830

it is great to see so many options on the ds hitting the market. hope this works out , seems like pami is no longer a option

Old 10-16-2002, 11:04 PM
Trailblazer
Default DS 830

Why wouldn't Pami seek a new distributor in the states or at least No. America....

There are plenty of shops that would be capable of doing a much better job than their "current shop" if that is even what it can be called.

Is there anyway to contact PAMI directly?

Old 10-16-2002, 11:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Default DS 830

I hired a multi language marketer to find me more info on the bmw engine in eupope if team pami exist they have to be racing some one and im sure not every one they race runs there engine .so that would mean there has to be another source of large bore jugs out there and i intend to find them.that way we no longer have to depend on one manufacture who has no respect for us any ways! they don't even think we can build our own engines?

Old 10-16-2002, 11:21 PM
Trailblazer
Default DS 830

AZ,
is the problem Don or Team PAMI? The 760 kit really intrigues me so much that I neeeeeed one, but I am not willing to put up with bullshit like some of the others have had to go through.

This Sam Coe kit would be nice if they could get it going.. Does anyone have Sam Coe's contact info?

Thanks
Scoot

Old 10-16-2002, 11:50 PM
Trailblazer
Default DS 830

Well let me just say i have the samcoe so called 720 kit which actually turned out to be a 733 kit and i have had my share of problems with it! First off i had to send the crank back because it was bent and twisted, and also to wide to fit the cases with the shims bombardier offers, they had to take the crank apart and mill .044 off the rod end of the crank so it would even fit the cases. Then i got it back and they said it was perfect like they said the first time and it was better but it was still twisted .003 and bent .002, but it would at least fit the cases. I had a local crank shop straighten the crank at my expence just to iliminate down time. Well then i got the motor together 4 days ago and well fired it up to have a nice engine knock. Well after ordering a new cam chain tensioner thinking that was the problem, installed it and guess what engine knock!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]Well pulled the top end apart tonight and found that the top of the piston dome was hitting on the edge of the combustion chamber where they were suppost to have ported it!!!!! Luckily it didnt hurt the piston or the head. It was lacking about .010 clearence. Well now i have to die grind the head for clearence and order a new head gasket. This has not been a pleasent experience in the least. So i would beware of the 830 kit seeing how they havent even figured out how to build the 733 kit!!!! A little bit of extra info for you guys dont talk to matt talk to sam directly matt doesnt even know what hes selling half the time! Well im done venting now! wheww! Dont get me wrong im glad theres companys out there trying to make the ds faster i just wish they would get all the bugs worked out before selling to the public!!! MY TWO CENTS!
LATER

Old 10-17-2002, 09:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Default DS 830

YES QUAD I UNDERSTAND WHEN MY 733 GOT WARMED UP MY VALVES WERE TOUCHING OFF WITH THE HEAD !!!

PS:scooter at this point i would say it is as much pami problem as dons problem the sooner they step to the plate the sooner we get on with buiness.

Old 10-17-2002, 05:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DS 830

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]