CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

What do you guys do in the winter?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2002 | 10:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default What do you guys do in the winter?

babymoose, the skis are regular plastic snowmobile skis, with an adaptor type thing so i can mount it to the spindle, if u want i can make a design for you with all the measurements, i just purchased mine in july so i have yet to try them in the snow, but from the guy i bought it from said it turns on a dime and wheelies really easy, right now i'm fixing one of the mounts because the past owner broke it, i don't have a digital camera so i make be a week or two before i can get any pictures on here, i also have muffs for the handlebars to break the wind, i was also at a snowmobile show in toronto last weekend and they had a kawi 400 with skis and tracks on the back,i liked the tracks, the guy said they were $1500, i think that is canadian fund but i could be wrong, they are still working on their website so it doesn't give any info but there is a couple pictures here

Old 11-01-2002 | 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

Around here we just ride harder to keep warm

Old 11-01-2002 | 11:50 PM
Pro Rider

WTF is snow?? I agree with RaptorRRC ride harder to keep warm [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-02-2002 | 01:47 AM
Pro Rider

disturbed, it sounds like you need skis and a track kit, one of my buddies has a raptor and i may have an idea to make skis work for him 2, if i can figure out somethin for him i'll let everyone know,

Old 11-02-2002 | 02:37 AM
Range Rover

Hey thanks for the info, just looking @ that pic makes me wanna get the tracks too. Our winters haven't been bad the last couple of years, but I think this year will be a bad one. Already breaking record lows of -9.

Yippie!!!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 11-02-2002 | 02:49 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Fortunately, I only have 2-4 inches of snow the majority of the winter on the H/M trails, so I am on the move every weekend. Temp means nothing....as long as I can motivate. You have gotta have riding in your blood though! Safe riding too all this "colder" riding season! Separates the men from the boys IMO.

Old 11-02-2002 | 11:58 PM
Pro Rider

well i got my skis mounts all welded up today, put them on and went out in the grass, WOW did they ever bite it, it like turned on a dime, turned a lil to well, but i noticed it wasn't as bad in the longer grass so i think it'll be ok in the snow, i'm going to take some pictures tommorow n i should have them developed sometime next week, babymouse, i wish i would have had a camera with me when i was at that snowmobile show to take some pictures of the kawi 400 with the ski n track kit on it, the skis didn't really impress me, i think they are ugly, i really like the tracks though, it was adjustable and i think it is worth the $1500 for it,

Old 11-03-2002 | 02:17 AM
Range Rover

Yeah, $1500 is sure alot better than going out and buying a sled. Now I can have fun year round. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Now if I can just talk to the woman into letting me I'll be set for this winter.

Old 11-03-2002 | 02:35 AM
Pro Rider

well i was thinking about the actual cost to build this, it would probably cost me more than $1500 if i build this myself, and this saves me alot more time n labour, but unfortunatly i can't afford them right now, hopefully next winter i'll have them, and good luck with the old lady

Old 11-05-2002 | 02:11 PM
Pro Rider

hey guys, i'll have some pictures of my ds with the skis on it tomorrow along with a sketch with measurements

Quick Reply: What do you guys do in the winter?