CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

dynojet kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2002, 03:18 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dynojet kit

hi all and thank you for this cool site and i want to ask can i install a dynojet kit on a stock DS-650 baja with k&n and pipe only without any other parts to change from the engien thank you all

Old 11-06-2002, 03:32 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default dynojet kit

Yes, you can install the dynojet kit on a stock DS650. If you follow the instructions in the kit you should be close. However, you'll want to keep in mind that the jet sizes of the Dynojet & Mikuni brands are not equal. Here is a web link to a site that shows you how they measure up to each other.

Click here for jet comparison

Also check out this page to see what jetting other DS650 owners are using on their machines.

Other DS650 owners jetting info

Old 11-06-2002, 04:18 AM
Range Rover
Default dynojet kit

thank you blackhawk for replaying to me but i didnt under stand the jet sizes of the Dynojet & Mikuni brands so if you can just give me the best size for my DS-650 baja if you dont mind please and is thear a big difrante in the turqe and max speed .

can you tell me what is the best engien oil for the DS-650 baja for very hot wethars and thank you once a gaine .

Old 11-06-2002, 06:48 AM
Pro Rider
Default dynojet kit

Hey ppl, i was wondering, what is a high flow baffle?

Old 11-07-2002, 02:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default dynojet kit

cOoLdevil,

I have no way of knowing what jet size is going to be correct for you. Some of these other guys can give you a good guess but I haven't done enough work with jetting to be giving anyone serious advice. Re-jetting really isn't that difficult, if you print out those web pages and do a search in this forum on jetting, you'll find many excellent explanations on how to properly jet your machine. If you are unsure about it and don't feel like trying, you have two options: hope that someone in the forums lives near you and is nice enough to help you do it or pay your local shop to do it, they'll probably charge $50-75 for the job & will take a couple of days. A lot of the people in here will back me up in saying that some 'shops' are much more qualified than others to work on this machine, so pick your shop carefully if you go that route.

If you want to get more info on what jet to use then you'll want to tell us all what elevation you're running at and probably some other stuff however I'm feeling partially brain dead right now.

bombrider,

If you’re speaking in reference to the DS650 I believe the baffle you're talking about is in the carburetor. It is the brass sleeve that has small holes drilled in it that fits around your main jet. The baffle keeps the gas from splashing around as much and keeps the flow of fuel more consistent.

Old 11-07-2002, 12:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default dynojet kit

Cooldeveil - the instructions in the kit are nice, they will tell you what you need to put in, but they won't be exact because every bike is just a little bit different. Just do exactly what they say, then put in a new plug (the easiest one to get to), and ride for 3-4 hours. Remove the new plug and look at the color - it should be golden tan, not white, nor black. If its white, go up one main jet size at a time until you get to tan - if its too dark then drop one main jet size, put in another new plug, ride for 3 more hours, and check again.
You will like the kit - it gives much better throttle response, especially out of the hole. Don't look for any power gains from it, just much better response and reaction from the superior needle.
The DS burns really clean compared to other single plug bikes, and some people think that jetting to plug color makes you too rich in the long run, but without expensive equipment its all we can do. my experience says otherwise anyway, and I think its a good method.

Bomrider - high flow baffle refers to mufflers. It is what just about all aftermarket pipes have, as apposed to the stock baffling. Stock baffling forces the exhaust to change directions inside the muffler before it can exit, thereby muffling sound. High flow baffles allow the exhaust to pass straight through the muffler with no direction changes, which increases flow drastically, but also increases noise.

Old 11-07-2002, 03:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default dynojet kit

So does my pro circuit t-4 qualify as a full race exhaust with a high flow baffle?
thanks