CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Fuel leaking?? Oil leak??

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2002, 03:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel leaking?? Oil leak??

Heh guys

I have fuel leaking out of the bowl drain when at step angles is this a over flow or do I have to change the float level???

I Have Oil leaking out the top of the oil reservar, I have tried to tighten it but the gasket bulges out. is there a way to seal this thanks???

northjeepster

Old 11-07-2002, 12:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

there are two tubes coming off the carb - a bowl drain that you must open a screw for the purpose of draining, and another tube that is the bowl vent. the bowl vent is commonly called an overflow, but its actually just a vent, and without it gas could not enter the bowl from the tank because the air would be trapped. Gas can leak from this vent tube at steep angles, like loading into the back of a pick-up putting the front tires on the tailgate while the rear is still on the ground.
Improper float level adjustment can cause leakage out this vent at milder inclines that normally wouldn't cause it. With the carb upside down, measure from bowl seat to top edge of float arm - it should be 10mm +/-.5mm Typically the float level gets accidently knocked out of wack when people rejet.

Where's the oil leak? At the dipstick? If so, the gasket is either dirty/gritty and needs cleaned along with both surfaces it seals against, or its damaged and needs replaced.

Old 11-08-2002, 11:03 AM
Pro Rider

the gas is coming out of the drain tube so I tighten the screwand it still leaks alittle I will probly take it off and look at the hole for the drain. As for the oil leak its around the dip stick hole and I woundered if anyone else had this problem? I will probly try and get another seal rubber washer for it. it leaks no matter how tight it is!!!