CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

How many HP?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2002, 11:50 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many HP?

I could believe that. but only if you'd have dual alky carbs, 760 cc, Wiseco SUPERLITE* piston, Turbo & intercooler, and a big shot o' NOS. i've seen shee's at 230 hp.

Old 11-18-2002, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider
Default How many HP?

Scooby- bring your bike to 4SW and you'll see!

on second thought let me expound on what will happen at 4SW and save you the trip. A properly set up DS on Nos will line up next to your bike ( extended swing arms are a given, in this case a +6") at the launch the 1St shot of NOS will hit instantly it will likely be a 40shot this bike will take you out the hole by atleast 4-6 lengths befor you know what hit you. With a controlled 80-85hp he will school you thru the whoops and once thru the whoops the second stage of NOS will hit(you will have to guess on the 2nd shot)and he will be in 5th gear roosting you while your waiting for you turbo to spool back up after having to let off thru the whoops - it's elementry ol chap.
The ball is in your court.

Old 11-18-2002, 01:38 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default How many HP?

Majorecho, I don't think so, it is not as simple as you think. Let me bring you back to reality.

The problem with NOS is it is instant, meaning the NOS bike running the same HP gain as a turbo bike will flip over, where as the turbo bike has a small amount of spool time and ramp that smooths out the acceleration. The NOS bike is not going to jump 4-6 lengths if the frontend is skyward. People have jumped me off the line who have had far less HP because I had to let off the throttle due to frontend coming up.

You blew your motor running NOS, I guess you fail elementary school.

The turbo DS you rode had a HUGE turbo on it, sized for an 800cc 2-stroke. The bike has too much turbo lag.

The fastest bike is going to have low compression, retarded timing, and NOS and/or turbo. You won't be able to run enough NOS on a high compression motor with advanced timing.

If you think I can't add NOS to my turbo think again. So far I haven't needed it and the chassis wouldn't support it (flip). Remember too that I have a **** I can dial to make more HP - boost. What if I run 30+psi...

I can easily be beat by a big bore NOS/turbo bike. I am 650cc, basically stock motor.

Old 11-18-2002, 01:57 AM
Pro Rider
Default How many HP?

Scooby - no, I didn't do any engine damage to my bike while I was running nitrous, I just had a lot of fun. The stock piston I was running did show some signs of fatigue but no damage. And yes there are at least 2 CDI's with adjustable timming curves coming out soon. The Turbo DS I rode that Steve Benson set up had hiccups all thru the EFI mapping and I agree, the turbo was too big for the displacement of the motor. You have had two years to correct all the problems and show everyone what you have accomplished- BUT
I doubt we'll see you at 4SW!
and do try to run 30psi, that way you can try to sell pieces of your bike as souvenirs at the bottom of the hill!

Old 11-18-2002, 03:44 AM
Pro Rider
Default How many HP?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Wow Major, what got into you LOL? I think your right though, he wont show and even if he did he will run till he see's some real competition then it will be something broke again.....guys I blew my fuse for my FI and now it wont run but it is a special new fuse flown in from Hondurous thats about 1k a peice so I cant race.... I am sorry Scooby but if i had 2 entire threads of people calling me out to race like The Compound did to you, You can bet your **** I would be there!!! So what if you lost, and if you were serious about running FSW's you would have went to see what the competition has to offer. It sure would be convenient to say you had something broke before FSW's and that way you can sit down there and say ohhh I would have won it if I went but couldn't. See we are already calling your bluff and if you dont show, fine, no problem, but dont even dare say woulda's, coulda's, shoulda's arround us cause i know I am as sick and tired of hearing about this quad with a rider that has no backbone to prove it!!

Old 11-18-2002, 03:49 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default How many HP?

shut up demonds!

Old 11-18-2002, 12:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default How many HP?

Wewheeeeew!!!!! We DS guys need to stick together!!! We're out-numbered....I think???[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 11-18-2002, 12:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default How many HP?

hey C'mon guys,

I can say this for Scooby, He has caught alot of **** from just about every "group" on this Forum at one time or another. And regardless of the bashing and threats he has made it to several events to meet challenges,even when he knows people are talking about him. would you guys drive several hours(by yourself) to meet a gang of people that don't like you, just to prove that you are not full of ****??? HE DOES, and I respect that.

First it was Randy(maniac650) and his group that was calling scooby out, and after they had a chance to race afew times they now have EQUAL respect for one another and thier quads. Then it was 14mins and the ATPT calling out Scooby, agian SCooby shows up ,and now has thier respect as well. NOw it is the Compound that is on his A$$, NO scooby didn't go up north and challenge, but DSmike and ronnie and 14mins did, and they can tell you ALL about Scooby's RIG and its capabilities, because they have ALL been beat by it.

I am not saying that Scooby doesn't bring a little of this on him self, but most of the time its people that don't understand his personality(its VERY DRY)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] sorry scoob. Its just that he has little to joke about,and sometimes people take that as a thret.

Will Scooby go to FSW's???? I don't know. BUt I sure hope he does,because I personally would love to see him pull that 1300 ft hill!!! No matter who you are, you would be impressed.

Biggerisbetter.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-18-2002, 12:51 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default How many HP?

Biggerisbetter- you are right. Next time scooby has to play 100 beers on the wall with us

Old 11-18-2002, 01:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default How many HP?

LOL! that would be great!! Scooby drunk!?!?!? I would like to see Scooby, after a six-pack of Fat tire!

Biggerisbetter.