CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

jetting problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2002, 02:08 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jetting problem

hi all i have a jetting problem i install 190 main jet with #4 needle posetion and littel turns in the air/fuel screw more than the stock and i have k&n filtrs and i have remove the airbox lid and the problem is just in the 1st and 2nd gear i feel the difrance but when i hit the 3rd to the 5th it takes long time to hit the rev limetter but the 1st and 2nd it hits it very fast i like that torque and i have drag race a banshee with t5's and uni filters only with out jetting he blow me off when i hit the 3rd gear and keep walking away from me.

why is thear a problem in my settings

P.S : the stock main jet is it 185 or 180 my main jet was broken and i couldent find out what's the size. any help needed

Old 12-07-2002, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default jetting problem

The stock main jet is a 165. Are you using mikuni jets or dyno jets. What mods have you done to your atv. What elevation are you at? There are alot of variables that will determine what you use on your DS. Check out Buttfungus's website, there is alot of info on jetting. search under "ds jetting/mods data".

Old 12-07-2002, 02:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default jetting problem

Cooldevil...
Probably difficult to give you a quick fix on where your problem lies, so many things factor in.

Your main jet, of course, affects throttle range of between 1/4-1/2 through full throttle.
Jet needle/needle jet affects between 1/8-1/4 through slightly over 3/4 throttle,
Your cutaway on your slide affects slightly below 1/8 through 1/2 throttle,
pilot air screw/jet has an affect over the entire power band, most affect at the start tapering down to least affect at full throttle...

then there's altitude, humidity, temperature....

You'll probably need to do your own diagnosing and try to figure out what's going on. OR, possibly post all of your numbers and hope that someone at exactly the same altitude and temp, with your same bike, can give you a good needle/position/jet size/air-fuel screw combination that works for them (which is probably what you were hoping for in the first place without all the blah, blah, blah that I just posted[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img])

Anyway, good luck!

Old 12-07-2002, 03:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default jetting problem

HERE is buttfunguses web site. As jmac650 mentioned, there is a great deal of info on there that will help with your diagnosis.
It sounds like you are over jetted but, without info on other mods and altitude its only a guess.

Old 12-07-2002, 03:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default jetting problem

OMG!!! That is an awesome site! Buttfungus has gone to an awful lot of trouble putting that together!!! Thanks for posting that! There is a chart in there I have been looking for forever! Mikuni vs. Dynojet mains....Awesome....Thanks Jmac650 and JSsDS!

Guess I should poke my head out of Yamahaland more often! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-07-2002, 03:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default jetting problem

Guess I should poke my head out of Yamahaland more often!
Life truly is better [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-07-2002, 03:55 PM
Range Rover
Default jetting problem

im sorry guys i forget to tell you that i only have trinity pipe and k&n filter .

JMAC650

i have the main jet from the trinity with my pipe

Old 12-07-2002, 03:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default jetting problem

What is your elevation. A 190 sounds to rich on top end, but can't tell for sure with knowing your elevation.

Old 12-07-2002, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default jetting problem

JSsDS....

I left myself wide-open for all kinds of grief with that comment, didn't I [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Thanks for being kind!

Actually, bombs have really been sparking my curiosity lately! Don't know a thing about them outside of the fact that they look dang mean to me!

Old 12-07-2002, 04:34 PM
Range Rover
Default jetting problem

can any one tell my what is thw size of the stock main jet in ds-650 baja 2002 and is it Mikuni or Dynojet

Quick Reply: jetting problem