CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

We will be there..........fswII

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2003, 09:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default We will be there..........fswII

Well, after many pitfalls along the way and much anticipation I finally can say I will be at the greatest show on earth.

It should be myself and majorecho. Should be pulling in to wash 11 mid day or earlier on thursday.

I have a couple of questions though.

What route do you guys from vegas take to get to glamis? Mapquest shows going from 15 over to 95 or 93 (cant remember exactly) It is the one that takes you through searchlight and needles. Then mapquest has me picking up I-10 over to 78 I think, and down to glamis.

Is that the best route? I will be coming from utah down 15, so if there is a better route please let me know.

Now the hard question, Where to get water.

I am coming from cold country and dont want to fill up here and freeze something. So, I am trying to find a place to beg, borrow, or steal about 100 gallons of water. Actually I could pay for it also if that is of concern.

Well, I am stoked as hell to come play. I have not been to glamis in about 10 years, so it will be like coming home for me.

Well any help is appreciated.

Thanks
bat

Old 01-09-2003, 09:52 PM
Range Rover

Yes, thats the way we get down there. Alot of the highway is 2 lanes and windey but it will get you there.

As far as water, we bring ours from Vegas so someone else will have to help you on that one.

See ya there!!!!!!!!!

Bronson

Old 01-09-2003, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider

As long as we're talking about driving, which of these two routes form Glamis to Dumont is the best? While the highway is longer I think it will be faster? Thanks

Old 01-09-2003, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider

way to go bat! glad to see your coming[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-09-2003, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks sand, it will be cool to see you again also. It has been almost a year since dumont, time flys.

Yeah, if anyone can help with the water thing that would be great. We could fill up at major's house, but then I still have to tow it through some cold weather and 700 miles to get there. I can do it, but would prefer to fill up closer to dumont.

Anyway thanks
Bat

on edit: oops I said dumont, meant glamis. I hope I make it to the right place...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-10-2003, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider

hey bat, you wont freeze 100 gallons of water in a day. Filling up at majors house would probably be the best bet, the taste of their water down there is nasty, never know whats in it.

Old 01-10-2003, 12:24 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

If you drive through Searchlight, be sure to drive slow. It is a small town, with a good source of income being people driving through and getting speeding tickets. The speed limit in town is about 25 MPH, and knowing this is a steady source of income for them, don't even drive through at 26 MPH.

As far as water: don't most RV parks let you fill up with water on site? I know there are RV parks in Laughlin, NV which I'm sure would be closer. My parents who are now doing a lot of RVing bought a book that covers the entire US listing RV parks; perhaps you could get a book like that then call ahead to the nearest RV park to Glamis and get your water there? I'm sure at the very least that would save you money in gas.

Old 01-10-2003, 01:30 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah, I know all about searchlight, I used to live in Bullhead city and glendale arizona.

It seems there is more then one of those little towns along there, but maybe it was just searchlight. I think that the police station and court house were in a mobile home if I am not mistaken.

I appreciate the tips. Not sure what we will do yet. But I think I would still prefer to fill up closer, and this water will not be for drinking, just showers and washing dishes and stuff like that.

Thanks again
Bat

Old 01-10-2003, 02:36 AM
Pro Rider

Right on guys....I am very glad to hear that you are going. i wanted to go so bad but no way i can and i feklt really bad as i knew major was kinda depending on me going so thanks Bat, I feel much better now. Yoou guys will have a blast and i know you wont have anything to fret over violence from the guys getting outta hand. have fun and take some pictures for me.

pssssst You wouldn't have any extra room for a set of Sand Skate 2 paddles and fronts to peddle off down there would ya??[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 01-10-2003, 03:04 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

DemonDS,

send me an email about those tires, we should talk.

blackhawk@ds650.net