CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

OT- Eye Wear

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2003, 02:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT- Eye Wear

A little off topic, I hope no one minds.
I normally wear contact lens but even with the best googles, dust and dirt still get in my eye's (and with contact lens, you know it!) I'd rather nix the lens and go with Prescription glasses and/or Googles.
There must be someone as old as me on this forum that can't see as well as they used to and requires eye wear LOL. Any recommedations or suggestions? thx all Putt

Old 01-30-2003, 03:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default OT- Eye Wear

PRK (eye surgery). [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

My buddy gets goggles that can fit his glasses under them. I think Rocky Mt. has them listed in their catalog that way.

Old 01-30-2003, 03:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default OT- Eye Wear

i'm only in high school and i require eyeglasses too, i was wondering the same thing, also does anyone know of anything to prevent fogging?

Old 01-30-2003, 03:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default OT- Eye Wear

I wear contacts too. My trick is to stay in front of the rest of the people.

Seriously, it doesn't bother me that bad, I were Oakly goggles and they seem to do pretty well.

Old 01-30-2003, 04:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default OT- Eye Wear

I wear glasses and decided to go with a full-face helmet. It has good enough ventilation so when I'm going my glasses don't fog. If I'm going slow they will. Only tried it in 20F weather though, so it might be different in the summer. Most the time I ride with the face shield up anyways....hit some dust and I slap the shield down for a bit.
To me the full face helmet was just less of a hassle than an open face with goggles over the glasses. I'm gonna get some of that anti-fog stuff and put it on the shield and my glasses and I bet i'll have no probs

Old 01-30-2003, 05:10 PM
Range Rover
Default OT- Eye Wear

hey since we're on the topic of googles, which color lenses do you guys prefer for day time riding, night time riding, and all around color. I have the blue tint lenses, but feel that for night rides the amber lense really brightens everything up.

Old 01-30-2003, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default OT- Eye Wear

I too have been wearing contacts for alot of years. They were hard (Gas Perm) and it was miserable to ride with them so I used glasses with Scott #87 (I think) OTG goggles. That worked okay but not great. Then my eye doc recommended disposable toric contacts (soft) and I switched to them about a year ago and I love them. I can now wear any goggles that I like and the dust and sand is no problem. I like the amber lenses for both day and night riding, the blue was good for day but not so great at dusk.

Old 01-30-2003, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default OT- Eye Wear

blastn, i have to sets of googles, one with a tint on it (kinda of a lite brown) for the day, and a set with amber lens to go night riding, they seem to brighten up the sand very well, i havnt had any problems with either pair fogging up, there smiths snow warps googles

Old 02-01-2003, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider
Default OT- Eye Wear

there is a compnay that makes prescription goggles, the company usually has an ad in cycle news towards the rear of the magazine. you can pick it up at your local cycle shop for $3.00

Old 02-02-2003, 01:04 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default OT- Eye Wear

I don't wear glasses or contacts, however I used to have Scott goggles and seemed to always get dust in my eyes while wearing them. (I'd always thought they were supposed to stop that.) I have a friend who wears contacts while riding, and after having yet another day of dust in my eyes with my Scott goggles I decided to ask him about his. He's been riding with contacts in and not complaining of any problems (and we all know how much people who wear contacts will complain if they get dust in their eyes) so I found out he was wearing goggles made by Pro Grip. I'd never heard of them, however when I gave them a try, they really did a MUCH better job of keeping the dust out. These days I have no trouble with dust and all is good. You might give this brand a try & see if you have the same results I did.

Quick Reply: OT- Eye Wear